Inc

Financial requirement for I-134

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My fiancé and his mom (co sponsor) were just at their bank to get some stuff for the I-134.

they gave them a thing saying when their separate accounts were opened and what the balance is, but not how much money was deposited over the last year. 
They said they don't do that. Do you guys know what to do? Is that bad? 

4 hours ago, Inc said:

My fiancé and his mom (co sponsor) were just at their bank to get some stuff for the I-134.

they gave them a thing saying when their separate accounts were opened and what the balance is, but not how much money was deposited over the last year. 

Bank statements are not evidence of income.   They are much better off providing W2s and tax transcripts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, SalishSea said:

Bank statements are not evidence of income.

It's literally listed in the instructions as supporting evidence.

1. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details
regarding the account:
A. Date account opened;
B. Total amount deposited for the past year; and
C. Present balance.

@Inc Not having that single piece of information should be fine, as long as you have the other supporting evidence (statement from your employer, tax transcript). They consider all of the evidence in whole. As a fail-safe, you could take his bank statements from the last year as evidence of the regular deposits if they ask, but it's unlikely they'd review them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 hours ago, SalishSea said:

Bank statements are not evidence of income.   They are much better off providing W2s and tax transcripts.

OP didn't mention bank statements. 

13 minutes ago, meladee said:

It's literally listed in the instructions as supporting evidence.

@Inc Not having that single piece of information should be fine, as long as you have the other supporting evidence (statement from your employer, tax transcript). They consider all of the evidence in whole. As a fail-safe, you could take his bank statements from the last year as evidence of the regular deposits if they ask, but it's unlikely they'd review them.

I agree with your assessment.

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Since your processing post is Frankfurt, I’ll tell you my experiences and what I’ve also heard from others. The consulate didn’t take any of the supplemental evidence. All they wanted was the I-134 from my fiancé. I technically had one from my co-sponsor but it wasn’t needed. I wouldn’t count on your experience being the exact same, but I don’t think you need to worry too much. Tax documents and/or employer letters are probably better anyway. In the Frankfurt interview instructions it goes into what evidence to bring (even though they didn’t ask for any of it from me) - I’d follow that to be on the safe side 

5 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

OP didn't mention bank statements. 

I agree with your assessment.

The OP is talking about providing banking info, which is not the same as evidence of INCOME.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 hours ago, SalishSea said:

The OP is talking about providing banking info, which is not the same as evidence of INCOME.

A statement from an officer of the bank is supporting evidence that is specifically asked for in the form I-134 instructions.

Is the statement better evidence than tax transcripts? No, but no one was suggesting that.

Are petitioners still asked to provide such a letter if it "applies" or "is appropriate"? Yes, so we've provided answers to OPs question about the evidence they are providing as instructed.

On 7/7/2023 at 12:02 AM, Inc said:

They said they don't do that. Do you guys know what to do? 

I dont think it would be an issue, I had a similar experience however I took the letter to my interview with the most recent bank statement from my finance showing his bank balance and his tax transcript and the person at the embassy only asked me for his tax transcript and along with the filled out affidavit of support form. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 7/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, SalishSea said:

The bank letter is specifically mentioned in the I-134 instructions as a type of evidence you can provide, as @meladee already said (twice). The bank letter also =/= bank statements. Here's a screenshot of the instructions:

image.png.250763aafbbd8a36565f541b567bc5d6.png

It's just one piece of evidence that can be provided for the CO to consider. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

On 7/6/2023 at 6:02 PM, Inc said:

Is your fiance is relying on assets due to insufficient current income?

3 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

The bank letter is specifically mentioned in the I-134 instructions as a type of evidence you can provide, as @meladee already said (twice). The bank letter also =/= bank statements. Here's a screenshot of the instructions:

Oh boy….

To the OP:   The BEST evidence you can provide as ability to support an immigrant (whether the I-134 now, or the I-864 6 months from now) is actual evidence of current income, which is W-2.   Bank letters are fine, but they are secondary to demonstrating income.

Mike-E-ing outta here.

3 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

Not sure what your deal is with this.  

The OP says she cannot get the bank to write a letter with specific content, and asks “is that bad”?

It is NOT bad, because it is NOT necessary.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.