WMJP1323

N400 processing timeline for Raleigh NC field office

6 posts in this topic

Hi, a newbie here on this forum. Anybody ever filed N400 with Raleigh office as their field office? what is the processing timeline of this office please? 

I filed online on June 20th, so 8 days ago. The reason I asked is because I'm planning to travel overseas in the summer next year. So I will need my US passport ready in hands. 

it says on my USCIS account that it will take 10 months plus let's say 2 months to get the US passports. The time line is kind of close to my children's summer time.

Does any of you who filed N400 ever expedite the process? Please kindly share your experience. Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

You can't really expedite the process, as I understand it.

How long is your summer vacation for? The alternatives I can think of are to just either delay the oath ceremony, or get an expedited passport if travel is imminent.

My personal preference (others' situation might vary though) is to just mostly avoid planning international travel until my naturalization is sorted, but I understand sometimes it is necessary

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2016 (me, H-1B) / 2017 (her, H-4)

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2023-03-22

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

PS you can use the timeline search in this site to find data from other reported cases. Share your own timeline too to help others!

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2016 (me, H-1B) / 2017 (her, H-4)

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2023-03-22

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

1 hour ago, WMJP1323 said:

Hi, a newbie here on this forum. Anybody ever filed N400 with Raleigh office as their field office? what is the processing timeline of this office please? 

I filed online on June 20th, so 8 days ago. The reason I asked is because I'm planning to travel overseas in the summer next year. So I will need my US passport ready in hands. 

it says on my USCIS account that it will take 10 months plus let's say 2 months to get the US passports. The time line is kind of close to my children's summer time.

Does any of you who filed N400 ever expedite the process? Please kindly share your experience. Thank you

you cannot expedite naturalization first and even for trivial reasons like children's summer time.  you have to use your green card and current citizenship passport to travel 

duh

I don't know how to reply you guys one by one on this website, a bit confusing haha. I'm confused using the timeline as well, but I have been living in the US for almost 15 yrs. 

I really appreciate all the replies. My kids' summertime usually start on June 9th till August 17th. But as some of you said that I can always have option to expedite my US passport process, I will do that then.

You guys are the best!! Thanks!!

Edited by WMJP1323

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.