Myb1101

I130 approved and at nvc! Now how long? [merged threads]

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

After 14 months of waiting, my wife’s i130 petition was finally approved and sent to the nvc last week! I have 2 questions I need help with:

1) I just submitted the i864 and the DS260. Now what comes next? And how long until she gets an interview date? She is in Peru?

2) big question. I was able to submit my most recent tax return and it shows I make double the amount required for the 2 of us. I started a new job as of February of 2023 though and I submitted scanned copies of the last 5 months of paychecks as well as a written letter from my new boss at the new barbershop that I will be expected to make at least double the required income. My question is that I hear they also want W2s and 1099s and I don’t have copies of that for last year. Does that really matter or will I be okay with what I submitted?

This is taking place in Peru. Please help me understand this, thank you.

Timeline

What if say I was a US citizen and already married to my Peruvian wife in Peru, but since I live in the US and she lives in Peru and the i130 takes too long then instead I don’t file the i130 and have a close family member/relative who owns a business bring my wife to the US as an employee of theirs and when she gets here I can change her status. Would that work? 

note: I already filed the i130 long ago but a customer of mine just recently told me he did something along these lines to bring his wife to the US sooner. I didn’t know if he was BSing me or this method could really work. Anyone got an answer?

Edited by Myb1101

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A hijack post has been split from an unrelated thread in another forum, moved to this subforum, and merged with a related thread.  Please restrict further posts to this thread only.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• TBoneTX changed the title to I130 approved and at nvc! Now how long? [merged threads]
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Myb1101 said:

What if say I was a US citizen and already married to my Peruvian wife in Peru, but since I live in the US and she lives in Peru and the i130 takes too long then instead I don’t file the i130 and have a close family member/relative who owns a business bring my wife to the US as an employee of theirs and when she gets here I can change her status. Would that work? 

note: I already filed the i130 long ago but a customer of mine just recently told me he did something along these lines to bring his wife to the US sooner. I didn’t know if he was BSing me or this method could really work. Anyone got an answer?

It is theoretically possible, now there are a variety of Visa's, which one do you have in mind, most would take a lot longer than the Spousal Visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
7 hours ago, Boiler said:

It is theoretically possible, now there are a variety of Visa's, which one do you have in mind, most would take a lot longer than the Spousal Visa.

So what you’re saying then is… in “theory”… I could have… let’s say… my mom open up a business and bring my wife to the US with a work visa even though she’s my wife cause we got married in Peru. And immigration won’t ask if she’s my wife? What are the repercussions if they do find out? Would it be misrepresentation even though my mom does need an employee technically?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Myb1101 said:

So what you’re saying then is… in “theory”… I could have… let’s say… my mom open up a business and bring my wife to the US with a work visa even though she’s my wife cause we got married in Peru. And immigration won’t ask if she’s my wife? What are the repercussions if they do find out? Would it be misrepresentation even though my mom does need an employee technically?

They would not need to ask, the information would be right in front of them on the application, now they might ask about it.

Obviously helps if your Mum is a big time entrepreneur. My Father worked for Fords, when I was about 8 he was offered a transfer to the US, never took it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.