heynaoj

B2 AOS in process- asked for I-693 but doesn’t want to get the vaccines especially Covid-19

1 post in this topic

Happy Summer 2023! 

Hoping to hear what other people’s experience doing the waiver I601 for personal belief not doing the medical examination specifically Covid vaccine during Adjustment of Status here in the US. 

My sister came here on a J1 visa in March 2019 and had to extend as B2 when the pandemic first hit in March 2020. Took so long to process her B2 so she had lots of time spent with family and friends in the country while waiting and apparently met her now husband a US Citizen. They have been together for almost 2yrs now and just gotten married last December 2022.

Couple months later filed their I-130, I485, I-765, etc. 

Before those even got filed, they had her husband’s tax returns amended due to some errors in the past so that took even longer process. 

She was supposed to mail I-485, I-131,I-765 by March 2023 so the I-693 Medical Examination signed by a civil surgeon was still temporarily waived then but tornado hit their town on the day she was to mail the documents and got mailed instead early April.

Question is, she got an RFE letter asking for the I-693 medical. 

Would she still need to submit that but just do the physical exam or can she go ahead and file for the I-601 waiver? 

They are opposed to the vaccines since her husband’s side has a history of autism for taking those vaccines.

Appreciate all of your inputs. 

IMG_8963.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.