Alex&Nayden

Green card error message

5 posts in this topic

Timeline

My husband entered the US on May 12 and I paid the Immigration Fee on May 11. I received an email with the receipt and a new IOE number which should be used to track the green card. However, when I put that number in the case tracking tool this error message pops up:

Error: The application receipt number entered is invalid. Please check your receipt number and try again.

It makes me think that they made some type of mistake because he didn’t receive his SSN (even though we checked the box in the DS260). He had to go directly to the social security office and just get it from there. He got his social security in 6 days once he filed the paperwork with them.

However, I feel like something could go wrong with the delivery of his green card as well because of this error message. I called USCIS and they said that they have that number in the system and it seems to be fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️ But it’s just weird that we haven’t gotten a single letter from USCIS since he arrived AND we have no way to track his green card. I also tried adding that IOE number to my USCIS account and it didn’t work either.

I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this. 

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/22/2023 - Approved 🎉 (notice came from NBC Service Center) 

Total: 375 days

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

03/03/2023 Submitted NVC paperwork

03/18/2023 Documentarily Qualified 🎉

04/04/2023 Received Interview Letter

Total: 34 days

Embassy - Sofia, Bulgaria

04/27/2023 - Medical

05/09/2023 - Interview (Approved)

USA

05/12/2023 - Arrived in the US

06/30/2023 - Received Green Card in the mail

My question to you when you paid the green card for your spouse do you have receipt number? Keep that receipt handy and usually isn’t the same with IOE number ….I only suggest you just wait until uscis send you letter for biometric near where you reside in the US. Just be patient cause with the mail also could be wait time is little longer.You will get the green card don’t worry too much.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Jsut78 said:

My question to you when you paid the green card for your spouse do you have receipt number? Keep that receipt handy and usually isn’t the same with IOE number ….I only suggest you just wait until uscis send you letter for biometric near where you reside in the US. Just be patient cause with the mail also could be wait time is little longer.You will get the green card don’t worry too much.

Yes I used the new IOE number from the Immigration Fee receipt. And that’s the number that gives me an error message. 

My husband already did his fingerprints when he interviewed overseas. 

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/22/2023 - Approved 🎉 (notice came from NBC Service Center) 

Total: 375 days

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

03/03/2023 Submitted NVC paperwork

03/18/2023 Documentarily Qualified 🎉

04/04/2023 Received Interview Letter

Total: 34 days

Embassy - Sofia, Bulgaria

04/27/2023 - Medical

05/09/2023 - Interview (Approved)

USA

05/12/2023 - Arrived in the US

06/30/2023 - Received Green Card in the mail

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.