Zaur2121

Form I-824: Unsure if the NVC received it?

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

After I-130 for my parents was approved, I had to send in form I-824 [filed and mailed in mid-April’23]. My issue is that there is no confirmation of receipt of forms. I dont know whether NVC received my forms or is even processing them? I did not get any notification and the online account case status has not updated. 
I’m reading other peoples’ experiences and realize that we need to be patient as this might take time. I just don’t like being in this uncertain state where there is no proof of receipt or status update. 

Can other people share if they got notifications when their forms reached the center? Is there a way we can find out whether the forms were received by NVC?

Thanks so much! 

On 6/21/2023 at 5:26 PM, Zaur2121 said:

Hi All,

After I-130 for my parents was approved, I had to send in form I-824 [filed and mailed in mid-April’23]. My issue is that there is no confirmation of receipt of forms. I dont know whether NVC received my forms or is even processing them? I did not get any notification and the online account case status has not updated. 
I’m reading other peoples’ experiences and realize that we need to be patient as this might take time. I just don’t like being in this uncertain state where there is no proof of receipt or status update. 

Can other people share if they got notifications when their forms reached the center? Is there a way we can find out whether the forms were received by NVC?

Thanks so much! 

In your CEAC portal, does it indicate if any of your forms were not submitted or are incomplete?

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2023 at 3:26 PM, Zaur2121 said:

Hi All,

Thanks so much! 

NVC doesn’t get from I-824 . It goes to uscis . Once uscis reviews it , they will send approved petition to NVC 

• 7 months later...

Hi @Jeevan
Thanks for clarifying. USCIS charged me the $$$ fees (it shows on my bank statement). It’s been 6 months since they charged the fee. However, they have not provided any update or have not acknowledged that they even received the form. I tried emailing and calling them to get an update but no news. 
What was your experience like with I-824? 

1 hour ago, Zaur2121 said:

Hi @Jeevan
Thanks for clarifying. USCIS charged me the $$$ fees (it shows on my bank statement). It’s been 6 months since they charged the fee. However, they have not provided any update or have not acknowledged that they even received the form. I tried emailing and calling them to get an update but no news. 

There isn't likely to be an update, but if they've charged you then you know they've received it. Which service centre is it being processed at? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 12:33 PM, Zaur2121 said:

Hi @Jeevan

No update yet .. it’s been 7 months since I filed I-814 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.