JRoo

My DCF CR-1 London questions [multiple merged threads]

59 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Inflatableboots said:

I haven't booked the medical yet as I'm waiting on my police certificate, so can't confirm how easy it is to book.

Maybe you already know this, but just want to flag that if the beneficiary has lived anywhere outside of the UK for over six months they will need also see a police certificate for that country.

I know it doesn't say that on anything, but we also ran into this issue even though beneficiary (husband) has not lived in his home country since he was 3 years old, we still had to get an additional police certificate for his birth country.

13 hours ago, primrose_bambi said:

Maybe you already know this, but just want to flag that if the beneficiary has lived anywhere outside of the UK for over six months they will need also see a police certificate for that country.

I know it doesn't say that on anything, but we also ran into this issue even though beneficiary (husband) has not lived in his home country since he was 3 years old, we still had to get an additional police certificate for his birth country.

Thank you, yes we got our police certificates. For me being the US citizen, do I also need to show a police certificate from the US? 

On 9/15/2023 at 2:16 PM, Inflatableboots said:

The letter gives you the LND (case) number which is what you need to book the medical. The letter also tells you to follow this link, which you may have seen before, https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/

I haven't booked the medical yet as I'm waiting on my police certificate, so can't confirm how easy it is to book.

Good luck though!

Thanks this is so helpful! Didn't realise we needed vaccine record for the medical exam so now we can be prepared :)

On 9/15/2023 at 12:22 PM, Inflatableboots said:

Ours took a week. Wife filed in person in London on 17 Aug and was approved then. Received approval letter on 24 Aug.

Hi again, I just had another question on this - in addition to receiving the approval letter, does the embassy also email to let you know the NVC/details for booking medical? 

On 9/20/2023 at 11:08 AM, JRoo said:

Hi again, I just had another question on this - in addition to receiving the approval letter, does the embassy also email to let you know the NVC/details for booking medical? 

I don't think so, I didn't get anything by email. 

Hi everyone, 

Can someone clarify what tax documents are required for the sponsor to submit with I-864? Unfortunately I can't access my full IRS transcript through this link because I don't have my SSN card and can't verify my account. 

However I do have my federal and state tax returns for the last 3 years. Will this be enough, or do I also need to include my tax transcript

Thank you!

7 hours ago, JRoo said:

However I do have my federal and state tax returns for the last 3 years. Will this be enough, or do I also need to include my tax transcript

It’s either the full tax returns with W2s or the tax return transcript. Consulates prefer the latter but the former is acceptable as well.

8 hours ago, powerpuff said:

It’s either the full tax returns with W2s or the tax return transcript. Consulates prefer the latter but the former is acceptable as well.

@powerpuff Thanks for your response! I don't have W2s as I have been working in the UK the last 10 years. But I do have copies of my state and federal tax returns showing my income is more than 125% above the federal poverty line. Do you think this is sufficient or the tax transcripts are a must-have?

1 hour ago, JRoo said:

@powerpuff Thanks for your response! I don't have W2s as I have been working in the UK the last 10 years. But I do have copies of my state and federal tax returns showing my income is more than 125% above the federal poverty line. Do you think this is sufficient or the tax transcripts are a must-have?

Oh right, sorry! Yes, full tax returns are acceptable. I’d probably add a short note explaining that you do not have W2s due to working overseas as NVC is known to overlook things and then request them. This is why transcripts are recommended but if you don’t have them, you don’t have them. Tax returns are next best thing 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

My partner has now scheduled his medical exam and has his interview on 24th Oct. Can anyone tell me, typically how long after the interview do you find out if the visa was approved? Do they approve it that day or do you receive a letter in the mail? 

Also, what types of questions do they ask at the interview? My partner is a bit nervous so we are hoping to be as prepared as possible. Thanks!

1 hour ago, JRoo said:

Hi everyone, 

My partner has now scheduled his medical exam and has his interview on 24th Oct. Can anyone tell me, typically how long after the interview do you find out if the visa was approved? Do they approve it that day or do you receive a letter in the mail? 

Also, what types of questions do they ask at the interview? My partner is a bit nervous so we are hoping to be as prepared as possible. Thanks!

Can’t help with questions as mine was an employment based green card, but they tell you on the day if you’ve been approved and then keep your passport to put the visa in it. My interview was no more than 3 minutes long in total, super easy, hopefully his will be the same. 

Good luck. 

On 10/13/2023 at 11:50 AM, JRoo said:

Hi everyone, 

If he’s DCF he shouldn’t be able to book a date or time for the interview until after he’s had the medical exam.

I had my medical exam last week and booked the visa interview afterwards.

7 hours ago, Inflatableboots said:

If he’s DCF he shouldn’t be able to book a date or time for the interview until after he’s had the medical exam.

I had my medical exam last week and booked the visa interview afterwards.

Thanks for sharing this! For some reason the system did allow him to book his interview. It’s scheduled for one week after his medical exam. Do you think it’s enough time after the medical or should I reschedule it? Also were you applying via London embassy?

2 hours ago, JRoo said:

Thanks for sharing this! For some reason the system did allow him to book his interview. It’s scheduled for one week after his medical exam. Do you think it’s enough time after the medical or should I reschedule it? Also were you applying via London embassy?

Oooh ok, interesting. I am going through the London embassy on DCF. My medical exam was 9 Oct and interview is on 24 Oct.

In the confirmation email for the medical I was told to give 10 working days between the exam and the interview (5 days for the results to be received and prepared, and 5 days for the embassy to process them). Per the link below, it says that 'it takes a minimum of 5 work days for the results of the medical examination to be couriered to the Embassy.'

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/medical-examination/

From what I can gather from reports from others (so this is conjecture rather than personal experience), if the embassy don't have the info from the medical exam at the time of the interview, it can go ahead but the visa won't be issued until after they have received it and processed it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.