kardib

K1 221g Processing Time for Montreal

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Recently had our interview and were given a 221g to submit a document and the passport. We've since sent the document and the passport to the consulate (and it has been received by them)

Any idea on how long they usually take to process? And where we could track this?

We don't want to be waiting for months as we've given the passport alongside the document that was requested.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

On 6/21/2023 at 1:41 AM, kardib said:

Hello everyone,

Recently had our interview and were given a 221g to submit a document and the passport. We've since sent the document and the passport to the consulate (and it has been received by them)

Any idea on how long they usually take to process? And where we could track this?

We don't want to be waiting for months as we've given the passport alongside the document that was requested.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

8 weeks or 180 days on the same trail with you 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Emmaa said:

8 weeks or 180 days on the same trail with you 

How long have you been waiting?

Sorry for a lot of questions, I'm just anxious.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Emmaa said:

Two months nd some days

Oh my God.

And they asked for your document and passport together or?

We sent the passport and the 1 document they told us to send as that was what was written on our 221g.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/20/2023 at 10:41 PM, kardib said:

Hello everyone,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

It takes them 6 to 8 weeks to review requested documents   and 10 business days to read a email. If your case is taking longer then this time frame i would email then again. There is no way to track progress sadly.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Divya Green said:

It takes them 6 to 8 weeks to review requested documents   and 10 business days to read a email. If your case is taking longer then this time frame i would email then again. There is no way to track progress sadly.

Hi,

Is this timeline with the passport sent in along side the documents requested or without?

We sent in the passport with the documents as that is what is said on our 221g.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, kardib said:

Hi,

Is this timeline with the passport sent in along side the documents requested or without?

We sent in the passport with the documents as that is what is said on our 221g.

Hi ,

Yes, since you send it through  mail it will take about the same time frame. And in some cases i read it takes longer then 6 to 8 weeks .  Hang in there hopefully they get to your case soon. :)

Edited by Divya Green

Timeline
On 6/23/2023 at 10:14 AM, Divya Green said:

Hi ,

Yes, since you send it through  mail it will take about the same time frame. And in some cases i read it takes longer then 6 to 8 weeks .  Hang in there hopefully they get to your case soon. :)

Our case was updated today, looking at the CEAC website. That's a good sign, yes?

The status is the same; but it was last updated today

Timeline
3 hours ago, kardib said:

Our case was updated today, looking at the CEAC website. That's a good sign, yes?

The status is the same; but it was last updated today

Same thing happened to me my interview was April 18 2023 , got 221g on that day. CEAC updated on May 1 st with same status . Its been over 2 months still waiting .

Timeline
4 hours ago, Divya Green said:

Same thing happened to me my interview was April 18 2023 , got 221g on that day. CEAC updated on May 1 st with same status . Its been over 2 months still waiting .

Did your status update on April 18 to refused as well or it updated on May 1st with that status?

We've had that status before (on day of interview as case was last updated then) but now the case updated date is today. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.