ltodd456

Hepatitis B vaccination at london medical

13 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ltodd456 said:

I know that the London medical offers the Hepatitis B vaccine on the day, but do they give all doses of it on the day and then you're good?

No. Hep B vaccine is a 3 dose series, and they are not given on the same day.

As above, they just give the first one - we had our medical there a couple of weeks ago and only got the first dose of any we were missing. 

1 minute ago, appleblossom said:

As above, they just give the first one - we had our medical there a couple of weeks ago and only got the first dose of any we were missing. 

Does this still mean that you need to get the rest of the doses before AOS, or are they just trusting that you will actually complete all doses?

8 minutes ago, ltodd456 said:

Does this still mean that you need to get the rest of the doses before AOS, or are they just trusting that you will actually complete all doses?

We’re not doing AOS, we’re consular processing. But you don’t need the rest of the doses for immigration purposes, just one is enough (unless it’s the Covid vaccine, then you need the full course). https://www.uscis.gov/tools/designated-civil-surgeons/vaccination-requirements

14 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

We’re not doing AOS, we’re consular processing. But you don’t need the rest of the doses for immigration purposes, just one is enough (unless it’s the Covid vaccine, then you need the full course). https://www.uscis.gov/tools/designated-civil-surgeons/vaccination-requirements

Just to add that this is specific to our visa route - I’ve no idea if that changes if you’re doing AOS.  

5 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Vaccines might be free with your GP...

They are not ( they are if you work in a care setting and your job involves dealing with blood specimen) they cost 43 per vaccination and 83 for telephone consultation lol so yeah might is a key word here 😁

3 hours ago, ltodd456 said:

They sign you off from needing the full course once they give you the first dose plus giving you a paperwork to show that too... My medical was on 9th of June so pretty fresh 😆

2 minutes ago, NasUK said:

They are not ( they are if you work in a care setting and your job involves dealing with blood specimen) they cost 43 per vaccination and 83 for telephone consultation lol so yeah might is a key word here 😁

I'll have to ask my friend how he got his.  I think it was from the sexual health clinic?

38 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

I'll have to ask my friend how he got his.  I think it was from the sexual health clinic?

That is the only place you can get it through yeah and all that info i shared was directly from them 🤷‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update this, we got our second Hep A/B vaccines yesterday at a local pharmacy. Not needed for immigration, but we thought we might as well have them done so we've got the full course and are covered for school/travel if needed.

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.