TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

790 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so glad so many are receiving their IL!

We were DQ Sept 28 and haven't received an IL today yet... getting anxious. I hope we weren't forgotten!

Timeline
2 hours ago, GCPeace said:

DQed Nov. 16. Interview Feb. 12!! We are so grateful.

Can anyone recommend a panel physician in the Montreal area? Also, how long was the wait time for an appointment for the physician? Any tips appreciated.

So there are only five approved physicians listed on the DOS website in Canada. One in QC, one in BC and three in ON.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html

The one in QC is 

TELUS Health Care Centres
600 Boul. de Maisonneuve West,
22nd Floor
Montreal, QC, H3A 3J2
Tel: 514-845-1211
Tel: 1-800-361-3493

check the website. I need to book the one with BC and the physician is pretty strict on how to book appt.

2 hours ago, edatc00 said:

So there are only five approved physicians listed on the DOS website in Canada. One in QC, one in BC and three in ON.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html

The one in QC is 

TELUS Health Care Centres
600 Boul. de Maisonneuve West,
22nd Floor
Montreal, QC, H3A 3J2
Tel: 514-845-1211
Tel: 1-800-361-3493

check the website. I need to book the one with BC and the physician is pretty strict on how to book appt.

Thanks for this--really helpful. We are sending good energy to you for your appointment in BC. Hope it goes well (and my wife's!)

Timeline

Does anyone have experience with what it was like to get their SSN after an approved appointment, etc?

I read before it was inconsistent to getting an SSN with the DS260.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Carebear31 said:

I'm so glad so many are receiving their IL!

We were DQ Sept 28 and haven't received an IL today yet... getting anxious. I hope we weren't forgotten!

Did anyone else not get an interview letter today that should have? We are very disheartened. Sept 28 DQ, we should have been first in line right?

Timeline

For anyone wonfering about medicals:

Husband had his medical yesterday at Telus in Montreal. You can not schedule the exam more than 30 days prior to your interview, and it should be at least a week beforehand so there is time for tests and such to come back and transmittal to the consulate.

Husband had physical exam, chest xray, flu shot, hepb b shot, and tetanus. Because it had been more than 12 months, he was forced to get another covid shot. No bloodwork or urinalysis since he is over 44.

Thought this might be helpful to others, since this is not plainly laid out on the website. We had an immunity titer done because he didn't have his childhood immunization card, so we knew to expect the ones he got, but the covid requirement was recently updated (previously was accepted to have 2 or 3 doses, whatever was considered the full protocol) to the 12 month requirement.

Interview is Jan 12. We are almost done 🙌

Timeline
56 minutes ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

For anyone wonfering about medicals:

Husband had his medical yesterday at Telus in Montreal. You can not schedule the exam more than 30 days prior to your interview, and it should be at least a week beforehand so there is time for tests and such to come back and transmittal to the consulate.

Husband had physical exam, chest xray, flu shot, hepb b shot, and tetanus. Because it had been more than 12 months, he was forced to get another covid shot. No bloodwork or urinalysis since he is over 44.

Thought this might be helpful to others, since this is not plainly laid out on the website. We had an immunity titer done because he didn't have his childhood immunization card, so we knew to expect the ones he got, but the covid requirement was recently updated (previously was accepted to have 2 or 3 doses, whatever was considered the full protocol) to the 12 month requirement.

Interview is Jan 12. We are almost done 🙌

What hep b vaccine did your husband receive?  I got mine today (Engerix) and will need to get two more doses before it's considered done.  The third dose will fall after my medical.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MRJ9987 said:

What hep b vaccine did your husband receive?  I got mine today (Engerix) and will need to get two more doses before it's considered done.  The third dose will fall after my medical.  

I can't read French so well. These were the shots he got (image attached)

Screenshot_20231221_193015_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Timeline
2 hours ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

I can't read French so well. These were the shots he got (image attached)

Screenshot_20231221_193015_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Thank you!  

I just heard back from my doctor's office and they said they only care about my first dose of vaccine.  

Edited by MRJ9987

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.