TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

798 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, kpmartini said:

hi, thanks for sharing. Quick question, what do you mean by uploading documents to CEAC? Everything is already uploaded since submitting the application. Did you submit some additional documents?

I second this question here - uploading what documents?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Shades8 said:

Do you know why they moved your interview up? Congrats! 

Thank you! Nope, not a clue. Came as a complete surprise. Only thing I can think is that someone ahead of us must have canceled or something 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

Thank you! Nope, not a clue. Came as a complete surprise. Only thing I can think is that someone ahead of us must have canceled or something 🤷‍♀️

Ok wow. I hope mine doesn’t get moved because I’m going overseas for a while and won’t be back in Canada until a few days before the appt.  Eeeep! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shades8 said:

Ok wow. I hope mine doesn’t get moved because I’m going overseas for a while and won’t be back in Canada until a few days before the appt.  Eeeep! 

They did ask whether it was convenient for us, if we could make it, so its not one of those "because we say so" type thing.

8 minutes ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

They did ask whether it was convenient for us, if we could make it, so its not one of those "because we say so" type thing.

Oh phew ok.  Because I’ve booked a bunch of travel around the interview date they gave me. I’m happy for you though! You’re almost there 😁

Timeline
On 12/5/2023 at 7:08 AM, kpmartini said:

Quick question, what do you mean by uploading documents to CEAC? Everything is already uploaded since submitting the application. Did you submit some additional documents?

Time has passed since you submitted your first documents to CEAC.  You might have more current documents for the interviewing officer, especially income tax and financial information for you or your sponsor.  If you upload to CEAC, you can be sure the officer will see it.  If you simply bring it with you to the interview, you may never get a chance to present it before the officer makes his decision.

Timeline

Hi friends! I am getting a bit nervous about my upcoming interview. Question for those who already passed theirs—should I refrain from stapling any of the papers? How did you organize all your documents (originals and copies)? Thank you for your feedback 🙏

8 hours ago, LJSJMS said:

Hi friends! I am getting a bit nervous about my upcoming interview. Question for those who already passed theirs—should I refrain from stapling any of the papers? How did you organize all your documents (originals and copies)? Thank you for your feedback 🙏

I would buy very small 'Binder Clips' from Walmart/Staples and use them. In majority of the cases you have to  provide Original/Certified Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificate, latest Tax Transcripts/W-2 of sponsor, original police reports and current passport.

Edited by Leo The Great

On 11/30/2023 at 11:15 AM, EmCash said:

Something weird came today which got me all excited because I thought it was Montreal scheduling the appointment only to be let down - we were DQed on October 12th, yet today received an email from the NVC entitled 'Introduction to Document Collection' which retells the instructions for completing the NVC application. Is this normal to receive? I have completed the NVC contact form to see if they have sent it by mistake. Any thoughts appreciated!

We received the same on Nov. 30 (same day as you), even though we were DQed Nov. 16. We were confused and asked our lawyer and they said it was likely a glitch and they will keep an eye on our file. We were wondering if you heard back from NVC on this issue after submitted your query? Thanks so much for sharing!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

I would buy very small 'Binder Clips' from Walmart/Staples and use them. In majority of the cases you have to  provide Original/Certified Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificate, latest Tax Transcripts/W-2 of sponsor, original police reports and current passport.

Thank you 🙏 

Timeline
On 12/6/2023 at 7:01 PM, Family One said:

Time has passed since you submitted your first documents to CEAC.  You might have more current documents for the interviewing officer, especially income tax and financial information for you or your sponsor.  If you upload to CEAC, you can be sure the officer will see it.  If you simply bring it with you to the interview, you may never get a chance to present it before the officer makes his decision.

Make sense! Thanks a lot for the tip!

Timeline

Biting my nails here every day for just waiting for my wife's police clearance from both RCMP and HKPF so we can submit everything to NVC and get documents qualified. 

The weird thing (or not so weird) for HKPF is that they don't mail the clearance back to you (they will mail it to MTL once done) nor will the give you any receipt. I snap a photo of my wife's fingerprint card and honestly, I have no idea if I should submit these to CEAC or just leave the blank there and explain the situation. Any suggestions? 

Timeline
On 12/7/2023 at 10:39 AM, GCPeace said:

We received the same on Nov. 30 (same day as you), even though we were DQed Nov. 16. We were confused and asked our lawyer and they said it was likely a glitch and they will keep an eye on our file. We were wondering if you heard back from NVC on this issue after submitted your query? Thanks so much for sharing!

I did reach out to the NVC and they just confirmed that we are DQed back in October and its waiting in line at the Consulate. I think they just send updates like this sometimes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.