TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

790 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Shades8 said:

I’m trying to register my appointment it’s asking for a case number (I have that) but also a DS-260 number.  Does anyone know what that is? I only have a case number and an invoice number 

If you'll look at that field, it doesn't have an asterisk (*) next to it - that means it isn't required. 

3 minutes ago, Shades8 said:

I’m trying to register my appointment it’s asking for a case number (I have that) but also a DS-260 number.  Does anyone know what that is? I only have a case number and an invoice number 

Go onto CEAC then go to the end of your DS-260 (where you're able to print the confirmation that it was completed). On this page, you should see a barcode and it is the number starting with "AA"

On 11/21/2023 at 2:10 PM, tonyrako said:

Ok I figured it must be Canada when you said Purolator. We are going to to that route too. Our interview is on a Friday as well. Hoping to have passport back by that Thursday. 

Just got my passport an hour ago! :) 

10 minutes ago, tonyrako said:

Great! Congratulations! 

Thank you so much! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions, I know how stressful this whole experience can be so I’d love to help anyone in anyway possible! Wishing you all the best :) 

18 hours ago, thinpea said:

Thank you so much! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions, I know how stressful this whole experience can be so I’d love to help anyone in anyway possible! Wishing you all the best :) 

Congrats on getting through this process!!! How long did you your appointment take? I’m trying to figure out my flights home after the appointment and wasn’t sure how much time I should give myself.  My appt is at 8:15am.  

Timeline
On 11/23/2023 at 12:05 PM, thinpea said:

Just got my passport an hour ago! :) 

Great!! Congrats! And thank you for coming back to help with questions that the rest of us have! It means a lot! 

Hi all. My parents have their interview on December 13 in Montreal, which is a Wednesday.

My husband and I live in Texas and naturally we would like for them to travel here for the holidays. They live in Windsor, Ontario. 

Does anyone know how long the expedited Purolator delivery takes? We haven’t booked flights since we are not sure how long the delivery will take. 

My other question is regarding crossing the border after receiving the passport and having been approved. Do they have to do any immigration stuff at that time or can they wait until the deadline on the visa which will be stamped into the passport? Any info about this process would be very helpful.

Thank you all and congratulations to everyone who is through with it! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, kpmartini said:

My other question is regarding crossing the border after receiving the passport and having been approved. Do they have to do any immigration stuff at that time or can they wait until the deadline on the visa which will be stamped into the passport? Any info about this process would be very helpful.

Even if there is nothing stamped in the passport during their "visit," the officer may unknowingly trigger the "immigration." (I speak from experience)  My green card has a July date (visit), and the stamp in the passport has an August date (when I intended to immigrate).  I still haven't figured out how to correct the discrepancy.

On 11/24/2023 at 7:50 AM, Shades8 said:

Congrats on getting through this process!!! How long did you your appointment take? I’m trying to figure out my flights home after the appointment and wasn’t sure how much time I should give myself.  My appt is at 8:15am.  

Thank you so much! My appointment was at 9:15am but I got let in early around 9am and I walked out at 10am. The whole process was quite quick for me, however, I have read others experiences and some people were in there for 2 hours. When is your flight?

On 11/25/2023 at 9:52 AM, kpmartini said:

Does anyone know how long the expedited Purolator delivery takes? We haven’t booked flights since we are not sure how long the delivery will take. 

1. I actually live just outside of Windsor and my interview was on Friday November 17th. I paid for the purolator delivery and I received my passport in the morning on Thursday November 23rd. 

2. I just crossed the border yesterday and it was like any other time I’ve crossed the border. I said to the border officer that I was crossing for the first time since receiving my visa and he just checked a few things on the computer and said everything looked fine and didn’t ask to see the car or send me in for any further processing. I asked him if he was sure there was no “activation” type thing I had to do but he said no and that I was already coming up as a lawful permanent resident. I was under the impression I had to go in for some processing but he ensured me otherwise and I was almost positive they would want to look in my car but he didn’t seem to care. I know it varies from officer to officer but that’s how my experience went. Other than paying the immigration fee online, there was nothing else I had to do at the border. 

Good luck !!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/25/2023 at 8:52 AM, kpmartini said:

Hi all. My parents have their interview on December 13 in Montreal, which is a Wednesday.

My husband and I live in Texas and naturally we would like for them to travel here for the holidays. They live in Windsor, Ontario. 

Thank you all and congratulations to everyone who is through with it! 

Do not buy tickets until visa is in hand. Montreal has been giving out the DS5535 like candy. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Do not buy tickets until visa is in hand. Montreal has been giving out the DS5535 like candy. 

Just curious- do you know the MTL embassy has been requesting more evidence in a lost of cases? 

crossing my fingers that it's a smooth process, my interview is in January and I booked a flight with travel insurance in case I need to move it back

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, 604vancouver said:

Just curious- do you know the MTL embassy has been requesting more evidence in a lost of cases? 

crossing my fingers that it's a smooth process, my interview is in January and I booked a flight with travel insurance in case I need to move it back

We would not have this thread if it wasn't.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.