TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

805 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm trying to get ahead of my interview and get all of my documentation sorted, can someone point me to a list of all the stuff I need to bring? My husband is driving up to Canada for the summer so I would like to make sure he doesn't leave anything behind that I would need. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, HaeZee said:

I'm trying to get ahead of my interview and get all of my documentation sorted, can someone point me to a list of all the stuff I need to bring? My husband is driving up to Canada for the summer so I would like to make sure he doesn't leave anything behind that I would need. 

Bring all originals or certified copies of your civil documents:

• Marriage Certificate
  • Birth Certificate (I don't THINK you need his but just in case wouldn't hurt to have it)
  • Divorce documents (if applicable)
  • Police Certificate
  • Any documents from previous US Visas you may have had (if applicable)
  • Interview Letter
  • DS260 
  • Passport (and any additional passports you may have if a citizen of other countries)

Additional:

• Spouse's latest tax return (The don't always ask for this from what I hear but good to have)
  • Latest W2s (Maybe the last few to be safe)
  • If you have a co-sponsor, bring the above from them too
  • 2 Passport style photos
  • Additional evidence such as photos to prove ongoing relationship (Again - they don't always ask for this one)

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong about any of the above. I don't THINK I'm missing anything but just in case, others feel free to chime in!

14 hours ago, DijonMustard said:

Yes @Anna12 how did your interview go?!

It went great :) 

my interview appointment was for 10am but there was a line up outside. I waited abt 45 mintues before I was let in at about 10:40am

I had to wait another hour to be called at first window and they asked for birth, marriage, police certificate and last years tax return but he said it was already uploaded so he didn’t need it. 
I was called to second window pretty quick- less than 5 minutes and it was just basic questions how did we meet is it our first marriage and where have I travelled in last five years, ever been denied entry to states and what was my longest visit. 
after that she said she’s approving my visa and how the system is down and it will be updated soon and to expect my passport back in 2-3 weeks 

I was done at about 12pm so overall took 2 hours 

I was checking the visa status on ceac around 3pm and it showed it was issued already :) 

I also got email that it was shipped yesterday and it should be delivered to me today 

so overall it was super fast to get the visa issued and passport back to me. Super happy and excited to be finally done with this process. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Anna12 said:

It went great :) 

my interview appointment was for 10am but there was a line up outside. I waited abt 45 mintues before I was let in at about 10:40am

I had to wait another hour to be called at first window and they asked for birth, marriage, police certificate and last years tax return but he said it was already uploaded so he didn’t need it. 
I was called to second window pretty quick- less than 5 minutes and it was just basic questions how did we meet is it our first marriage and where have I travelled in last five years, ever been denied entry to states and what was my longest visit. 
after that she said she’s approving my visa and how the system is down and it will be updated soon and to expect my passport back in 2-3 weeks 

I was done at about 12pm so overall took 2 hours 

I was checking the visa status on ceac around 3pm and it showed it was issued already :) 

I also got email that it was shipped yesterday and it should be delivered to me today 

so overall it was super fast to get the visa issued and passport back to me. Super happy and excited to be finally done with this process. 

Awesome! Thanks for the info! Funny - it seems like the system has been down for the past few interview dates. Maybe they were all on Monday haha. So glad it's on it's way to you!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, bal13 said:

I got my passport back today! (In Saskatchewan) Interview was Monday. We plan to leave for the States on the 11th of July.

So fast!! Wow!! 

Edited by llcoolwil

Timeline

Question for everyone! I have previously went to the US on work Visas. First time on a Q1 and the second on a J1. CEAC only asked for my J1 - should I upload my Q1 anyway so they have it when I go for my interview?

Timeline

Does anyone have experience with holding 1 nationality at the time of submitting DS-260 and then by the time of the interview holding two?

I am a British citizen living in Canada and recently became a Canadian citizen too. When I started this visa process I wasn't a Canadian citizen yet, now that I am do I need to update anything online or would just bringing my Canadian passport as well as my British passport be ok? I am worried that something is going to have drastically changed and it might delay their approving my green card

Also, a lot of information has changed on my ds-260 form now. I just tried to log onto my account and update the DS260 and it won't let me. Assuming that just bringing along the amendments to the interview would be ok?

if anyone has experience with this that would be great! thanks

Timeline

Also- My UK police certificate was issued in June 2021. Is this still considered in date? My Canadian one was issued in October 2022.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/8/2023 at 1:16 PM, ROSALINDDELOST said:

Does anyone have experience with holding 1 nationality at the time of submitting DS-260 and then by the time of the interview holding two?

I am a British citizen living in Canada and recently became a Canadian citizen too. When I started this visa process I wasn't a Canadian citizen yet, now that I am do I need to update anything online or would just bringing my Canadian passport as well as my British passport be ok? I am worried that something is going to have drastically changed and it might delay their approving my green card

Also, a lot of information has changed on my ds-260 form now. I just tried to log onto my account and update the DS260 and it won't let me. Assuming that just bringing along the amendments to the interview would be ok?

if anyone has experience with this that would be great! thanks

Not exactly the same, but similar.  Being British, the US, British and Canadian governments share information.  

The DS-260 - bring the updated information.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

New update on MTL

•  As of July 11th, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in May 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in April 2023; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2021.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.