HBX

NVC Welcome letter wait time?

16 posts in this topic

I’m from the UK, my fiancée and I submitted out I-29F in March 2022, which was accepted in April 2023. We then got our I-797 notice of action in early May telling us that they’re sent our petition to the NVC.

However, it’s now been a month since we received the notice and we’ve not had a welcome letter. So my question is, is it normal to have to wait this long for our letter from the NVC? Or should I attempt to contact them?

Just now, HBX said:

I’m from the UK, my fiancée and I submitted out I-29F in March 2022, which was accepted in April 2023. We then got our I-797 notice of action in early May telling us that they’re sent our petition to the NVC.

However, it’s now been a month since we received the notice and we’ve not had a welcome letter. So my question is, is it normal to have to wait this long for our letter from the NVC? Or should I attempt to contact them?

No such thing as a welcome letter from NVC for a K1.  The beneficiary will get an email from NVC when the petition is forwarded to your consulate 

1 minute ago, IWander said:

No such thing as a welcome letter from NVC for a K1.  The beneficiary will get an email from NVC when the petition is forwarded to your consulate 

It specifically said in the Notice of action that we would be sent a letter. But we’ll check the email account, thanks.

3 minutes ago, IWander said:

Also, travelstate.org describes is as a welcome letter, so I think there must be such a thing, unless I’m utterly confusing matters.

After creating your case, we will send you instructions for processing, as well as a Welcome Letter that includes your Case Number and Invoice ID. You will use these numbers to log into our Consular Electronic Application Center 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

1 minute ago, HBX said:

Also, travelstate.org describes is as a welcome letter, so I think there must be such a thing, unless I’m utterly confusing matters.

After creating your case, we will send you instructions for processing, as well as a Welcome Letter that includes your Case Number and Invoice ID. You will use these numbers to log into our Consular Electronic Application Center 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Of course the letter says it.  This is a generic "letter" is used for many different visa types.  This part however does NOT apply to a K1 applicant it only applies to immigrant visas to which a K1 is not.

This is a well known issue.

1 minute ago, IWander said:

Of course the letter says it.  This is a generic "letter" is used for many different visa types.  This part however does NOT apply to a K1 applicant it only applies to immigrant visas to which a K1 is not.

This is a well known issue.

Oh I see! Thank you very much. We’ll keep an eye out on our emails. Do you know if it’s normal to wait over a month to receive it though? 

Just now, HBX said:

Oh I see! Thank you very much. We’ll keep an eye out on our emails. Do you know if it’s normal to wait over a month to receive it though? 

Depends on the consulate and how many petitions are in the queue in front of you and the capacity of the consulate.  30 to 60 days was typical pre COVID.  Not sure where London is currently.

11 minutes ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

When looking at the visa stats, does this metric (the beneficiary will get an email from NVC when the petition is forwarded to your consulate) correlate to the NVC Received, NVC Left, or Consulate Received date?

I’m afraid I don’t understand the question. I don’t think I check the status of my visa yet as I haven’t been given a case number. I believe it should be included in the email I receive from the NVC.

15 minutes ago, HBX said:

I’m afraid I don’t understand the question. I don’t think I check the status of my visa yet as I haven’t been given a case number. I believe it should be included in the email I receive from the NVC.

In the timeline, which steps corresponds to when you get the case number from the NVC?

image.thumb.png.407fddbf3a1c13429e51e3402b9da5dc.png

5 hours ago, HBX said:

Hi. I suggest you join the April 2023 to NVC thread. Someone here who knows how to add links can help. Also generally helpful to read and search this website as it’s full of good info. To answer your question: you will get an email. The wait time is around 90 days but maybe you’ll get lucky and yes you should send inquiries to NVC about your case number (all is explained in the monthly group threads which I would look at even those before your time). Most of us are still waiting and got approved before you. Best of luck!

Edited by ss & mj
English

*** Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to K1 Progress Reports -- topic is about timeframe estimates ***

On 6/8/2023 at 9:22 AM, HBX said:

We then got our I-797 notice of action in early May telling us that they’re sent our petition to the NVC.

If your approval notice is dated in May 2023, check the thread below --

On 6/8/2023 at 9:23 AM, IWander said:

Is this information correct??? I just went through my K1 application one more time and it never asked for the beneficiary's email? Only petitioner's email and beneficiary's phone number and physical address? Did I miss something? how does NVC get beneficiary's email?

3 hours ago, seantan2001 said:

Is this information correct??? I just went through my K1 application one more time and it never asked for the beneficiary's email? Only petitioner's email and beneficiary's phone number and physical address? Did I miss something? how does NVC get beneficiary's email?

My bad i meant petitioner will get an email from NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.