Craig_Karina

Here is what happens to I-129F's sent to Chicago!!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi VJers,

Today we received an e-mail from USCIS advising to check the status of our case online. That was exciting. BUT, the end result was that our case has been transferred to the CSC for further processing. We did things the "old way"...sent our I-130 to Texas...subsequently transferred to CSC and they sent us the I-797 (NOA1) which I attached to our I-129F package and sent it to Chicago Lockbox. They received our package, cashed the check and three weeks later notify us that the case is transferred to CSC? This seems like a rather circuituous route for BOTH of our petitions to end up at the same place! Am I missing something here?

I-130 to Texas...transferred to CSC. I-129F to Chicago...transferred to CSC. I guess the good news is that BOTH will be at the same place? :( The bad news must be that IF I had sent BOTH to the same place AT THE VERY BEGINNING...we would be weeks ahead of the game! I feel like I wasted a lot of time.

Conclusion I've drawn: IF you are going the K-3 route, it is probably better that you file BOTH petitions :yes: AT THE SAME TIME AND AT THE SAME SERVICE CENTER. That way they won't be floating all over the USA!!

Best wishes to all...I'm :angry: venting. But, hope this helps someone else.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi VJers,

Today we received an e-mail from USCIS advising to check the status of our case online. That was exciting. BUT, the end result was that our case has been transferred to the CSC for further processing. We did things the "old way"...sent our I-130 to Texas...subsequently transferred to CSC and they sent us the I-797 (NOA1) which I attached to our I-129F package and sent it to Chicago Lockbox. They received our package, cashed the check and three weeks later notify us that the case is transferred to CSC? This seems like a rather circuituous route for BOTH of our petitions to end up at the same place! Am I missing something here?

I-130 to Texas...transferred to CSC. I-129F to Chicago...transferred to CSC. I guess the good news is that BOTH will be at the same place? :( The bad news must be that IF I had sent BOTH to the same place AT THE VERY BEGINNING...we would be weeks ahead of the game! I feel like I wasted a lot of time.

Conclusion I've drawn: IF you are going the K-3 route, it is probably better that you file BOTH petitions :yes: AT THE SAME TIME AND AT THE SAME SERVICE CENTER. That way they won't be floating all over the USA!!

We've been discussing for several weeks that filing both petitions together at the appropriate service center is the new official procedure. Sorry you filed just before the change but your suggestion is now old news, not well propagated.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi VJers,

We've been discussing for several weeks that filing both petitions together at the appropriate service center is the new official procedure. Sorry you filed just before the change but your suggestion is now old news, not well propagated.

Hello Craig and Pushbrk, thanks for the infos. I guess i will tell my husband to send both of our I-130 and I-129F at the same time in the same service center. Since my husband is from Florida, are we going to submit our paperworks to CSC?

what does CSC stands for by the way? is it California Service Center?

Thanks

*****~ K3 Timeline ~*****

04-23-07 We got married in the Philippines

09-08-07 Sent both I-130 and I-129F together to Vermont SC

09-10-07 VSC received our papers

*****~I-130 Timeline~*****

01-02-08 Check Cashed

01-04-08 Received NOA1

*****~I-129F Timeline~*****

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

When I look at the CIS web page where you download the Form I-129F, it seems to be saying that K1/K2 visa applications should go to the service center where the I-130 is filed, but for K3 visas, it still says to send to Chicago. Was there some other bulletin from CIS about this? Here is the text from the USCIS Web Page:

Fee Increase Information:

Effective July 30, 2007, the fee for general fiancée petitions will increase to $455. All petitions postmarked on or after July 30 must be accompanied by the new fee.

Petitions for K-3 status based on an immigrant petition filed by the same U.S. citizen husband or wife will have no fee.

Note on Where to File:

If you are filing for your fiance(e), file this petition at the Service Center with jurisdiction over your area of residence. See the related link "Where Do I File?" for which Service Center has jurisdiction over your area of residence.

If you are filing for your fiance(e) and live outside the United States, submit this petition to the Service Center with jurisdiction over your last place of residence in the U.S.

If you are a U.S. citizen, and are using this form to bring in your wife or unmarried child under the LIFE Act, file this petition at:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 7218

Chicago, IL 60680-7218

Timeline

05/30/2007 Married my wife in the US

07/10/2007 Wife returns to Taiwan

Form I-130

07/10/2007 I-130 Mailed to CSC

07/12/2007 USPS Delivery Confirmation

07/16/2007 Pkg received and NOA-1 generated (per website)

07/17/2007 Check cashed

07/20/2007 NOA-1 received

12/03/2007 Approved! (Via NOA-2 hardcopy. No email received and no update on the website)

12/06/2007 I-824 Mailed to CSC to request I-130 be sent to NVC

12/07/2007 USPS Delivery Confirmation

12/11/2007 NOA-1 received

02/14/2008 I-824 Approved

02/19/2008 NOA-2 notice received

Form I-129F

07/21/2007 I-129F Mailed to Chicago

07/23/2007 USPS Delivery Confirmation

07/27/2007 Check cashed

07/28/2007 NOA-1 received

08/13/2007 Transferred to CSC (per website)

08/16/2007 Hardcopy notice received regarding transfer to CSC

08/22/2007 E-mail notice - case pending at CSC

12/03/2007 Approved! (Via hardcopy. No email received and no update on the website)

12/26/2007 Case received at NVC

01/02/2008 Pkt3 date from AIT (American Institute in Taiwan)

02/24/2008 Pkt3 returned to AIT

04/07/2008 K3 interview passed

04/21/2008 Spouse arrives in US

NVC (CR-1)

03/17/2008 AOS bill received from NVC

03/18/2008 AOS fee sent to NVC

03/28/2008 DS-3032 Choice of agent form received in Taiwan

03/31/2008 DS-3032 returned to NVC

04/14/2008 I-864 Affidavit of Support request received

04/15/2008 I-864 sent

04/30/2008 Visa bill received

05/01/2008 Visa bill sent

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
When I look at the CIS web page where you download the Form I-129F, it seems to be saying that K1/K2 visa applications should go to the service center where the I-130 is filed, but for K3 visas, it still says to send to Chicago. Was there some other bulletin from CIS about this? Here is the text from the USCIS Web Page:

Never mind. I saw another post with this link:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Up...iling062107.pdf

Go figure that they would have conflicting information :lol:

Bruce

Timeline

05/30/2007 Married my wife in the US

07/10/2007 Wife returns to Taiwan

Form I-130

07/10/2007 I-130 Mailed to CSC

07/12/2007 USPS Delivery Confirmation

07/16/2007 Pkg received and NOA-1 generated (per website)

07/17/2007 Check cashed

07/20/2007 NOA-1 received

12/03/2007 Approved! (Via NOA-2 hardcopy. No email received and no update on the website)

12/06/2007 I-824 Mailed to CSC to request I-130 be sent to NVC

12/07/2007 USPS Delivery Confirmation

12/11/2007 NOA-1 received

02/14/2008 I-824 Approved

02/19/2008 NOA-2 notice received

Form I-129F

07/21/2007 I-129F Mailed to Chicago

07/23/2007 USPS Delivery Confirmation

07/27/2007 Check cashed

07/28/2007 NOA-1 received

08/13/2007 Transferred to CSC (per website)

08/16/2007 Hardcopy notice received regarding transfer to CSC

08/22/2007 E-mail notice - case pending at CSC

12/03/2007 Approved! (Via hardcopy. No email received and no update on the website)

12/26/2007 Case received at NVC

01/02/2008 Pkt3 date from AIT (American Institute in Taiwan)

02/24/2008 Pkt3 returned to AIT

04/07/2008 K3 interview passed

04/21/2008 Spouse arrives in US

NVC (CR-1)

03/17/2008 AOS bill received from NVC

03/18/2008 AOS fee sent to NVC

03/28/2008 DS-3032 Choice of agent form received in Taiwan

03/31/2008 DS-3032 returned to NVC

04/14/2008 I-864 Affidavit of Support request received

04/15/2008 I-864 sent

04/30/2008 Visa bill received

05/01/2008 Visa bill sent

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
Hi VJers,

yeah your right i sent my 129 to chicago july 27 haven't heard anything yet im getting really upset knowing my petition floating around :crying:

hola my colombia club senor ,senora call the uscis today 03-10 2008 ,good news my noa 2 was sent out and on its way to my house it has been a stressful ordeal, aug 20 2007 k3 flyer on its way, best wishes for thoses who are still waitting from laspence/dina minor of colombia

Timeline
Hi VJers,

yeah your right i sent my 129 to chicago july 27 haven't heard anything yet im getting really upset knowing my petition floating around :crying:

it's bad enough my wife in colombia is just as stress as me very difficult time for us :(

hola my colombia club senor ,senora call the uscis today 03-10 2008 ,good news my noa 2 was sent out and on its way to my house it has been a stressful ordeal, aug 20 2007 k3 flyer on its way, best wishes for thoses who are still waitting from laspence/dina minor of colombia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.