JojoandTomas

JUNE 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

294 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Deekol said:

Strange, my Attorney did it for me without "case ID".  we don't have ID either.

Yeah idk what they mean by case id as ive tried all the id’s provided by the nvc none of them worked so i just assumed that my case wasn’t update on their system yet, otherwise idk what to do, i emailed the embassy to double check

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 9/11/2023 at 5:08 PM, ap4295 said:

They literally will not let my fiancée schedule an interview. She paid the fee in person and was told to give it at least 4 hours to validate. More than 12 hours later it still will not let her schedule saying the receipt number is invalid. 

It took us about 8 days after submitting DS-160 to be able to schedule an interview.

3 hours ago, Eddie101 said:

It took us about 8 days after submitting DS-160 to be able to schedule an interview.

Did you receive any letters from the embassy? It's been 10 days and we still can't schedule an interview. They only responded to my inquiry asking us to send them the documents that they needed but did not schedule an interview.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Eddie101 said:

The letter from the NVC showed up eventually. It was mailed from the US so it might take a bit.
As soon as the status said 'ready' we went forward paid the fee and did the DS-160. 
After several days we were able to schedule an interview.

1 minute ago, Eddie101 said:

The letter from the NVC showed up eventually. It was mailed from the US so it might take a bit.
As soon as the status said 'ready' we went forward paid the fee and did the DS-160. 

For some weird reason when my status changed to ready, i submitted the DS-160 but can’t seem to pay the fee on Ustraveldocs, it doesn’t get me to the payment page. Should be instantly available or do i give it some time?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, KEM35 said:

For some weird reason when my status changed to ready, i submitted the DS-160 but can’t seem to pay the fee on Ustraveldocs, it doesn’t get me to the payment page. Should be instantly available or do i give it some time?

Yes you should. In our case it had to be in 'Ready' for a few days, something like 3 or 4 days, before ustraveldocs let us pay the fee.

1 minute ago, Eddie101 said:

Yes you should. In our case it had to be in 'Ready' for a few days, something like 3 or 4 days, before ustraveldocs let us pay the fee.

Okay thought so because it takes me directly to enter a case id (which you get after paying) and doesnt show me the payment page it’s been ready for a day so i should probably give it a few more right?

Timeline
1 minute ago, KEM35 said:

Okay thought so because it takes me directly to enter a case id (which you get after paying) and doesnt show me the payment page it’s been ready for a day so i should probably give it a few more right?

You get a case id from NVC, usually by sending an email up front, or eventually through the NVC mail
The case ID starts with 3 letters, a code for the US consulate/embassy.
With that case-ID you can pay the fee
That case ID and the USCIS number is required for the DS-160. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie101 said:

You get a case id from NVC, usually by sending an email up front, or eventually through the NVC mail
The case ID starts with 3 letters, a code for the US consulate/embassy.
With that case-ID you can pay the fee
That case ID and the USCIS number is required for the DS-160. 

I already got those and was able to finish the DS-160, but for where im from to access the payment slip i have to go through “schedule an appointment” on ustraveldocs and it’s within those steps where i get the payment slip which isn’t showing up for me

Hmmm when I went through (DR Embassy) we submitted the DS-160 as soon as we were ready then went to USTravelDocs and entered all of the info in the profile and then selected the Immigrant/K-1 option and followed the steps to payment and then it took 12 days to get access to the calendar.  If you can't get past a certain portion I'd reach out to the Embassy.  They should have a US and an Embassy-local phone number or you can use the chat function from their USTravelDocs Embassy site.

6 minutes ago, jgray808 said:

Hmmm when I went through (DR Embassy) we submitted the DS-160 as soon as we were ready then went to USTravelDocs and entered all of the info in the profile and then selected the Immigrant/K-1 option and followed the steps to payment and then it took 12 days to get access to the calendar.  If you can't get past a certain portion I'd reach out to the Embassy.  They should have a US and an Embassy-local phone number or you can use the chat function from their USTravelDocs Embassy site.

Were you able to book the Ofc appointment and Vac appointment ? if yes, for when were you able to book the appoinment?

Im also able to access the calendar but no luck yet, when i select a date and time for the ofc appointment I does not go through.

37 minutes ago, G-G said:

Were you able to book the Ofc appointment and Vac appointment ? if yes, for when were you able to book the appoinment?

Im also able to access the calendar but no luck yet, when i select a date and time for the ofc appointment I does not go through.

Not yet. I have been logging in a few times a day to try to get lucky. A few folks snagged some this week for the last week of September so I’m hopeful for something in October. 

9 minutes ago, jgray808 said:

Not yet. I have been logging in a few times a day to try to get lucky. A few folks snagged some this week for the last week of September so I’m hopeful for something in October. 

Thank You, Let us know if you have any luck.

8 hours ago, G-G said:

Thank You, Let us know if you have any luck.

I found one this morning for 11/22!  I've been looking a few times a day.  I'll send you a message too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, Eddie101 said:

We were finally able to schedule an interview, but we didn't need to complete the DS-160 yet. It says she just needs to bring the confirmation page with barcode to the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.