JojoandTomas

JUNE 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

294 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Deekol said:

Do we all get K1-FTP?

do we need this letter to schedule PCC and medical appointment or just NVC case number is fine? (India)

Nothing’s needed for the PCC. 

For the medical, depending upon which center/clinic you go to in India, either the K1-FTP suffices OR a letter from the embassy May also be needed. Check out HGill43’s post here 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, KEM35 said:

Regarding the form DS-160 all i need to do is fill it out and print the confirmation page right? And for the form i-134 do i have to mail it to my fiance or can i scan it and he prints it in his home country? Appreciate your help.

Yes, you need the bar code page from DS-160.
And I don't know your embassy (try to fill your timeline when you have the time), but most accept a scanned version of the I-134. Check what yours ask.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Just now, Bh_sarah said:

Yes, you need the bar code page from DS-160.
And I don't know your embassy (try to fill your timeline when you have the time), but most accept a scanned version of the I-134. Check what yours ask.

Alright i’ll check what is says on the website but regarding the signature that should be done with a black pen and not digitally correct? Also i used the DHL hack and can see my package was shipped as it’s the only one to my country when should i expect the NVC website to update to in transit?

Timeline
Just now, KEM35 said:

Alright i’ll check what is says on the website but regarding the signature that should be done with a black pen and not digitally correct? Also i used the DHL hack and can see my package was shipped as it’s the only one to my country when should i expect the NVC website to update to in transit?

Yes, black ink, handwritten signature always. But about sending her the original piece of paper you signed on vs. a scanned version of it, depends on the embassy. I needed to check directly with mine and they told me a scanned one was accepted (or else I'd pay $150 to mail it).
Do you know when was your case created? Look at the three numbers after the year, subtract 500, then you'll get the Julian date. Search for it on Julian calendar 2023 and you'll get your date. If it was created at least 1-2 weeks ago, then there's a chance you might make this shipment.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Yes, black ink, handwritten signature always. But about sending her the original piece of paper you signed on vs. a scanned version of it, depends on the embassy. I needed to check directly with mine and they told me a scanned one was accepted (or else I'd pay $150 to mail it).
Do you know when was your case created? Look at the three numbers after the year, subtract 500, then you'll get the Julian date. Search for it on Julian calendar 2023 and you'll get your date. If it was created at least 1-2 weeks ago, then there's a chance you might make this shipment.

Alright i’ll have to ask the embassy then to see if they accept that, also my julian number as you said stated that it was created on the 23rd of august which is 1 week ago, but as i stated above using the DHL tracking hack i see that a shipment to my home country was sent containing 1 package so i assume it was mine as there are rarely any submissions from lebanon 

I think we have our packet finished for our interview (hoping for November?!) except for the couple of forms that we won't have until they've been provided or finished soon.  One question that I do have - I have two letters from my bank (one from April and one from August) but neither one is signed.  They're both on official bank letterhead and I kept the mailing envelope from the second one and have it in the binder sleeve.  Is it an issue that they aren't signed?  My bank doesn't have physical branches anywhere near me but don't want to get denied since it's not signed.  Also seems like the I-134 review likely isn't super rigorous and I'd think it's not really a big issue based on my salary (with proof) but just wanted to see if anyone had any insight.  Trying to make sure we have everything in line so we don't get rejected!  (And I might have already asked this a while back but forgot the answer)

Thanks all!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, KEM35 said:

Alright i’ll have to ask the embassy then to see if they accept that, also my julian number as you said stated that it was created on the 23rd of august which is 1 week ago, but as i stated above using the DHL tracking hack i see that a shipment to my home country was sent containing 1 package so i assume it was mine as there are rarely any submissions from lebanon 

Yeah, I think it might be recent but not as recent, so there's a chance, but safe to say you will get shipped on the next one fore sure if you miss this one.

Also, there's no way to know your case was on that shipment. It's not all K1 cases as far as we know, and it could literally be any other shipment that doesn't include your case. 

NOA1:

Timeline
9 minutes ago, jgray808 said:

I think we have our packet finished for our interview (hoping for November?!) except for the couple of forms that we won't have until they've been provided or finished soon.  One question that I do have - I have two letters from my bank (one from April and one from August) but neither one is signed.  They're both on official bank letterhead and I kept the mailing envelope from the second one and have it in the binder sleeve.  Is it an issue that they aren't signed?  My bank doesn't have physical branches anywhere near me but don't want to get denied since it's not signed.  Also seems like the I-134 review likely isn't super rigorous and I'd think it's not really a big issue based on my salary (with proof) but just wanted to see if anyone had any insight.  Trying to make sure we have everything in line so we don't get rejected!  (And I might have already asked this a while back but forgot the answer)

Thanks all!

Are you able to reach out to people that went through the interview in DR to know what they took as evidence? Every embassy is different when it comes to I-134. I am not even getting a bank letter, just tax transcripts, pay stubs and employer letter, maybe W2s, but I heard all they care in mine are tax transcripts. I think bank letters might be extra evidence in case the income is too low? But again, it all depends on the embassy, some are stricter than others.

NOA1:

16 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Are you able to reach out to people that went through the interview in DR to know what they took as evidence? Every embassy is different when it comes to I-134. I am not even getting a bank letter, just tax transcripts, pay stubs and employer letter, maybe W2s, but I heard all they care in mine are tax transcripts. I think bank letters might be extra evidence in case the income is too low? But again, it all depends on the embassy, some are stricter than others.

Good idea will do!  I have the two bank letters that I mentioned, an income/status verification letter from my job, three years of tax transcripts, and a rolling set of 6 paystubs so I don't think I have anything to worry about but don't want to have that be the piece that is asked for and causes an issue.  Thanks for your suggestion!

36 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Yeah, I think it might be recent but not as recent, so there's a chance, but safe to say you will get shipped on the next one fore sure if you miss this one.

Also, there's no way to know your case was on that shipment. It's not all K1 cases as far as we know, and it could literally be any other shipment that doesn't include your case. 

Ahhh okay i see hopefully it’s actually mine which was shipped out then😂 Also does the NVC send out email’s once they’ve shipped your package? Seen a few people stating so

Timeline
15 minutes ago, jgray808 said:

Good idea will do!  I have the two bank letters that I mentioned, an income/status verification letter from my job, three years of tax transcripts, and a rolling set of 6 paystubs so I don't think I have anything to worry about but don't want to have that be the piece that is asked for and causes an issue.  Thanks for your suggestion!

I absolutely understand you. I think I'll be fine too with just transcripts but I am taking other evidence with me to guarantee it. I think the fact your bank doesn't sign on it is not a big deal, but I am not familiar with what DR asks. So just to be sure, see what other people had to present there. For specific embassies, unfortunately FB groups are the best way to go, but VJ may have some answers too.

NOA1:

2 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I absolutely understand you. I think I'll be fine too with just transcripts but I am taking other evidence with me to guarantee it. I think the fact your bank doesn't sign on it is not a big deal, but I am not familiar with what DR asks. So just to be sure, see what other people had to present there. For specific embassies, unfortunately FB groups are the best way to go, but VJ may have some answers too.

I messaged some folks who had been approved in June and July and it looks like they didn't ask them for the I-134 at all.  Nonetheless, I think that with the form and what I do have, I should be more than okay.  Thanks, as always, for your thoughts!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.