mashtates

Received two RFEs in mail, only one posted in myUSCIS - how to respond?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I recently received two individual RFEs in the mail, both dated May 30, each in their own envelope. I thought this was a bit unusual.

-One RFE is asking for proof of marital life since our wedding.

-The other RFE is asking for a copy of my husband's birth certificate (which we did include in the initial application, but w/e)

Both RFE letters mention that I can either upload the evidence online or mail it in.

However, logging into myUSCIS, only the RFE for proof of marital life is posted. There is clearly a "respond to notice" action next to the document link. 

Ideally I would like to respond to both online, but since it looks like you have to do this by clicking on the adjacent "respond to notice" action, and there isn't anything posted there for the other RFE, I'm not sure I can do this. 

The other option is obviously to send them in by mail, but I am not sure how to do that in a way that meets USCIS' approval. Can I send both RFEs in one packet or should I mail them in separately? 

Or, should I respond to the marital life one online and send the other in via mail? I know I'm likely overthinking this, but I don't want to risk the birth certificate RFE somehow getting lost through the cracks. Can anyone advise how I should respond to the RFEs, or maybe someone has been in a similar situation. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by mashtates
added image

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/5/2023 at 8:48 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Mail both.

Together. 

RFE notice on top of each set of proofs.

Update:  I was able to connect with a live agent on USCIS chat and they advised to send them separately.  Mailing them together was what I had originally planned to do though (and makes the most sense to me) but I guess I'll go with what they say. 

emma.PNG

1 hour ago, mashtates said:

Update:  I was able to connect with a live agent on USCIS chat and they advised to send them separately.  Mailing them together was what I had originally planned to do though (and makes the most sense to me) but I guess I'll go with what they say. 

emma.PNG

Lol.

If the address is the same and you have confidence that you can separate the RFE documents so there is no confusion, their advice is bullocks.

• 8 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.