DarkKiss

Preparing for Interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

MIL received her Interview Letter. I'm following the Preview Interview Instructions and I came upon this statement, HIGHLIGHTED IN RED IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. 

FOR MIV APPLICANTS: PLEASE BRING WITH YOU TO YOUR INTERVIEW AT THE EMBASSY THE EXACT ORIGINALS OF ALL DOCUMENTS YOU UPLOADED INTO CEAC, INCLUDING PERUVIAN POLICE CERTIFICATES THAT SINCE MAY HAVE EXPIRED.  IF YOU DO NOT BRING THE EXACT ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS, PROCESSING OF YOUR CASE WILL BE DELAYED

Please use the list below to determine the items that every applicant must bring to the immigrant visa interview. Any documents that are not in either English or Spanish must be accompanied by a certified English translation:

What is MIV Applicant and does this apply to us? My concern is that the checklist requires an original birth certificate for each child of the applicant!!! Even if they aren't immigrating.

Thank You

Edited by DarkKiss
added info

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: Timeline
12 minutes ago, Vickys_Mom said:

MIV = Modern Immigration Visa.  It's a "paperless" visa system.

https://sa.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Regards,

Vicky's Mom

Small clarification.  It's "paperless processing"  -- for the Embassy -- not a paperless visa system.  US has talked for years about issuing paperless visas, but is still far away from it.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jan22 said:

Small clarification.  It's "paperless processing"  -- for the Embassy -- not a paperless visa system.  US has talked for years about issuing paperless visas, but is still far away from it.

So, in our case, it does not apply, correct?

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline
31 minutes ago, jan22 said:

It DOES apply -- to all immigrant visa applicants.  All IVs are processed vIa the MIV system.

OMG!!!  

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

40 minutes ago, jan22 said:
55 minutes ago, DarkKiss said:

So, in our case, it does not apply, correct?

It DOES apply -- to all immigrant visa applicants.  All IVs are processed vIa the MIV system.

@jan22The instructions always ask the applicant to bring in original birth certificates of ALL children ( be they adults and not part of the visa, as in OPs case)…is there a way to avoid that? 

Edited by Family

Filed: Timeline
18 hours ago, Family said:

@jan22The instructions always ask the applicant to bring in original birth certificates of ALL children ( be they adults and not part of the visa, as in OPs case)…is there a way to avoid that? 

Not if the Embassy requires it and you want the immigrant visa to be issued. 

I believe one reason for this is to have the documentation of the family for verification of the relationship in the future "chain migration" petitions.  For example, a parent gets an IR-5 vIsa and, within a few days of entry into the US, petitions for three children left in the home country.  There is absolutely no problem with doing this if, in fact, they are their actual children.  In high fraud countries, extra children can suddenly appear to be petitioned.  Having prior documentation of the family can help sort it all out.

Edited by jan22

Timeline
2 hours ago, jan22 said:

Not if the Embassy requires it and you want the immigrant visa to be issued. 

I believe one reason for this is to have the documentation of the family for verification of the relationship in the future "chain migration" petitions.  For example, a parent gets an IR-5 vIsa and, within a few days of entry into the US, petitions for three children left in the home country.  There is absolutely no problem with doing this if, in fact, they are their actual children.  In high fraud countries, extra children can suddenly appear to be petitioned.  Having prior documentation of the family can help sort it all out.

understandable

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.