Sinergy

k1 visa and noobs

107 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Dev. I try my best to respond to reported posts. Also, what I say in PM are just my thoughts at the moment. As far as any Terms that govern the way the site is run please see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=terms. Also per the TOS you should not go spouting PM conversations you have with the mods or admin on the forums as that is against the TOS (just being picky here since you were). If I enforced that rule then our enforcement guide publicly pinned in this forum says I should suspend you 30 days to life. Why don't I, because I am smart enough to be subjective when appropriate. The world is not black and white but a shade of gray.

I would also appreciate it that if you want to call me a hypocrite you do it via PM. I am a big boy and do not mind being called names but when you do it on the open forums time and again it becomes annoying.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Dev. I try my best to respond to reported posts. Also, what I say in PM are just my thoughts at the moment. As far as any Terms that govern the way the site is run please see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=terms. Also per the TOS you should not go spouting PM conversations you have with the mods or admin on the forums as that is against the TOS (just being picky here since you were). I would also appreciate it that if you want to call me a hypocrat you do it via PM. I am a big boy and do not mind being called names but when you do it on the open forums time and again it becomes annoying.

I never mentioned what was said in PM, therefore not violating the TOS.

Also, you have chosen not to reply to my PMs, so what am I to do?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Not much different than those who are also very impatient and want to by pass the rules and use a non-immigrant visa to enter, get married and then adjust.

Um...isn't that what a K1 is?

Most of us know that a K-1 is a sort of hybrid as it is technically a non-immigrant visa for a person who has immigrant intent. The point of the post was visas such as B1/2 or VWP or the likes INSTEAD of K-1.

YMMV

Timeline

Dev- I am not bound to reply to everything you ask. You will just have to accept that sometimes there are going to be times where I do not feel the need to explain every little action or choice I make.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Other Timeline
Not much different than those who are also very impatient and want to by pass the rules and use a non-immigrant visa to enter, get married and then adjust.

Most of us know that a K-1 is a sort of hybrid as it is technically a non-immigrant visa for a person who has immigrant intent. The point of the post was visas such as B1/2 or VWP or the likes INSTEAD of K-1.

Oh. Ok. Well why would somebody want to do THAT? If you're gonna wait on a visa, might as well wait on the right one.

I don't know if I agree that K1 is 'hybrid'. Not all K1 visa holders adjust status.

Dev- I am not bound to reply to everything you ask. You will just have to accept that sometimes there are going to be times where I do not feel the need to explain every little action or choice I make.

Capn - I'm not asking for a reply to every PM, GEEZ. But when you ask me questions, I reply, also asking questions & then you don't feel the need to respond to mine? How is that fair?

People who entry on anything other than a K1 and then marry and do AOS are not by passing any rules.... they are within the rules in certain circumstances....

Kez

Timeline

I should also note that you send me five times more PM's than anyone else so to be truthful I can not reply to everything you send me nor in general everything that everyone sends me. Be assured I do read every PM or email I get though. I reply back when needed and appropriate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh. Ok. Well why would somebody want to do THAT? If you're gonna wait on a visa, might as well wait on the right one.

I don't know if I agree that K1 is 'hybrid'. Not all K1 visa holders adjust status.

People start threads about it all the time. A tourist visa is in many cases a lot simpler to acquire than a k-1 and you do not have the USCIS to deal with....

Also, If it is not a hybrid (maybe dual intent might be a better descriptor0 then why is the visa holder allowed to have immigrant intent? Why is it processed by the immigrant visa unit of the consulate?

YMMV

I should also note that you send me five times more PM's than anyone else so to be truthful I can not reply to everything you send me nor in general everything that everyone sends me. Be assured I do read every PM or email I get though. I reply back when needed and appropriate.

I know very well where I stand. I have not sent you more than 10 PMs in the last month, please keep the facts straight.

My point is, if they are seeking a K1, they already know its a FIANCE visa, we shouldnt have to answer 4-5 posts a day from newbies asking "can i get married while waiting for the k1 visa to process" im all for assisting ppl in questions and helping with solutions. But these are things ppl are asking more and more everyday.

Bostonparis

"Isn't that the purpose of this site, to ask questions and find out the right way to do things?"

YES, but it get annoying when ppl KNOW its a fiance visa, they just want someone to say its ok to marry while its processing.

But Tara, you don't HAVE to answer.

Yes, I know it's annoying....but if it annoys you that bad, ignore it!

I agree...it takes too much energy to even get annoyed. Just ignore the post if you have nothing to ad. It's easy for people to miss things on the guide. Or maybe they don't even know what the guides are.

My point is, if they are seeking a K1, they already know its a FIANCE visa, we shouldnt have to answer 4-5 posts a day from newbies asking "can i get married while waiting for the k1 visa to process" im all for assisting ppl in questions and helping with solutions. But these are things ppl are asking more and more everyday.

Bostonparis

"Isn't that the purpose of this site, to ask questions and find out the right way to do things?"

YES, but it get annoying when ppl KNOW its a fiance visa, they just want someone to say its ok to marry while its processing.

But Tara, you don't HAVE to answer.

Yes, I know it's annoying....but if it annoys you that bad, ignore it!

I agree...it takes too much energy to even get annoyed. Just ignore the post if you have nothing to ad. It's easy for people to miss things on the guide. Or maybe they don't even know what the guides are.

If I think back over the last few years on VJ I think I have answered some questions on a daily basis.... if it bothers you then dont do it.... there are many many people who just need to here from someone else that what they are thinking is the right thing.... that what being supportive is all about... help them to think thing through and come to the right answer for them and if needed spell it out for them....

Kez

Filed: Other Timeline

People start threads about it all the time. A tourist visa is in many cases a lot simpler to acquire than a k-1 and you do not have the USCIS to deal with....

Also, If it is not a hybrid (maybe dual intent might be a better descriptor0 then why is the visa holder allowed to have immigrant intent? Why is it processed by the immigrant visa unit of the consulate?

I dunno. All I know is there is no 'requirement' for the visa holder to live in the US or adjust their status.

Timeline

I know very well where I stand. I have not sent you more than 10 PMs in the last month, please keep the facts straight.

Anyhow we are both off topic. Please PM me if you want to chat on this more. In the future if you think I am a hypocrite and would like to call me one though please just PM me and call me it. I prefer if you call me names directly to me via PM than in random topics on the forums. I can take criticism (I'm a big boy) but just please pay me the respect and professional courtesy to do so directly.