Leo The Great

Immunity tests in Ontario Canada

10 posts in this topic

I need to do following immunity tests before medical.  I did not have the immunization record  available for vaccination

1. MMR Serology(Mumps Measles Rubella)
2. Immunity against Chicken Pox
3. Immunity against Hepatitis B

If anyone did blood work for above tests in Ontario, please let me know the procedure?  Should i contact my family doctor for Laboratory requisition. If yes is it easy to get requisition for above tests from your doctor?

Edited by Leo The Great

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you ever had chicken pox? If so they will take your word on it. Just remember the to the best of your knowledge the year. If not then yes get that tested too. 

YOu can have your family doctor run the test or anywhere that can get you in fast.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

8 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

I need to do following immunity tests before medical.  I did not have the immunization record  available for vaccination

1. MMR Serology(Mumps Measles Rubella)
2. Immunity against Chicken Pox
3. Immunity against Hepatitis B

If anyone did blood work for above tests in Ontario, please let me know the procedure?  Should i contact my family doctor for Laboratory requisition. If yes is it easy to get requisition for above tests from your doctor?

My records went missing too, i just got all the vaccines again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My immunization record seemed incomplete for MMR so my family doctor issued me a req for me to go to lifelabs to get tested for immunity on things I was unsure of. Took no time at all and I got the results back within 72 hours. Family doctor emailed me the documents and I have them printed for the medical. 

Super easy! 

On 5/21/2023 at 6:45 AM, llcoolwil said:

My immunization record seemed incomplete for MMR so my family doctor issued me a req for me to go to lifelabs to get tested for immunity on things I was unsure of. Took no time at all and I got the results back within 72 hours. Family doctor emailed me the documents and I have them printed for the medical. 

Super easy! 

I got immunity test requisition from my family doctor. I am already DQ but waiting for interview that may take up to couple of months or more. Is there any expiry period for immunity test results with regards to panel doctor?  Should i go for immunity test now or i should wait for the interview call?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/23/2023 at 9:48 PM, Leo The Great said:

I got immunity test requisition from my family doctor. I am already DQ but waiting for interview that may take up to couple of months or more. Is there any expiry period for immunity test results with regards to panel doctor?  Should i go for immunity test now or i should wait for the interview call?

Immunity is immunity. There is no expiry date on it as far as I am aware. 

My immunity results cam back. Doctor says i need to get 3 shots for Hepatitis B. 2 doses are one month apart and other is 6 month apart. 1- month parts does is no problem. What about 3rd dose which is 6 month apart from 2nd dose. I may receive interview letter before third dose. Does medical panel require all three doses or they accept 2-doses also if my medical is scheduled before the 3rd dose is due

Edited by Leo The Great

3 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

Does medical panel require all three doses or they accept 2-doses also if my medical is scheduled before the 3rd dose is due

Only the 1st dose in the Hep B vaccine series is required for the visa medical, assuming the 1st dose was taken recently, not years ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

My immunity results cam back. Doctor says i need to get 3 shots for Hepatitis B. 2 doses are one month apart and other is 6 month apart. 1- month parts does is no problem. What about 3rd dose which is 6 month apart from 2nd dose. I may receive interview letter before third dose. Does medical panel require all three doses or they accept 2-doses also if my medical is scheduled before the 3rd dose is due

You can get the 3rd dose in the US, for Hep B they just need it started. But make sure you do get the 3rd dose if you are wanting to complete it before the 6 months or you will have to start all over with the series. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.