LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

219 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I’m 20 currently and my PD is 19/5/2023 I was 19 when my USC father filed so hopefully I get approved next month, but now I’m worried because I’m turning 21 in July before Interview and I see some people on Facebook having their IR2 getting changed to F11 before interview. Should I be worried please?

IMG_8183.png

8 minutes ago, TheNigerianPrince said:

I’m 20 currently and my PD is 19/5/2023 I was 19 when my USC father filed so hopefully I get approved next month, but now I’m worried because I’m turning 21 in July before Interview and I see some people on Facebook having their IR2 getting changed to F11 before interview. Should I be worried please?

IMG_8183.png

Never rely on Facebook for immigration info! As your father is a USC and you're an immediate relative, your age was 'locked in' at the time of your I-130 submission, you can't age out. https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act-cspa

Timeline
1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

Never rely on Facebook for immigration info! As your father is a USC and you're an immediate relative, your age was 'locked in' at the time of your I-130 submission, you can't age out. https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act-cspa

Thank you very much

I filed our I-130 May 11,2023 and according to the timeline should be approved May 16-19 (hopefully) I know it's not written in stone. My wife is Filipina and working in Hong Kong. Assuming that her interview will be at the consulate there in Hong Kong, does anyone have any idea of a time frame for interviews? Also, what is the process following the interview? 

Thanks 

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. Not sure how long ago this forum was last updated but I am also a May 2023 filer for my spouse, who is in NZ.

We filed on May 3, 2023

Case being actively reviewed notice - June 1, 2023

Texas Service Center

Before it used to show a timeline, now it's been at the status " Your case is taking longer than expected to process" for quite some time now. I've read around other forums and it looks like this is normal as others are experiencing it too. 

Our case is coming to almost a year now and I am just getting agitated to receive some type of update or course of action. Can someone respond to this thread with any of their updates as well?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, GGill said:

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. Not sure how long ago this forum was last updated but I am also a May 2023 filer for my spouse, who is in NZ.

We filed on May 3, 2023

Case being actively reviewed notice - June 1, 2023

Texas Service Center

Before it used to show a timeline, now it's been at the status " Your case is taking longer than expected to process" for quite some time now. I've read around other forums and it looks like this is normal as others are experiencing it too. 

Our case is coming to almost a year now and I am just getting agitated to receive some type of update or course of action. Can someone respond to this thread with any of their updates as well?

Same here ... been quite some time saying " the case is taking longer than expected " . NO UPDATE ON IT yet really getting frustrated 😒.. 

1 hour ago, Jasmine John said:

Same here ... been quite some time saying " the case is taking longer than expected " . NO UPDATE ON IT yet really getting frustrated 😒.. 

Hi Jasmine! If you don't mind sharing, what is your timeline for filing?

I actually looked into the April 2023 filers forum on here and it looks like they are getting their approvals, so hopefully good news for us May 2023 filers and hope we hear something soon! All the best to us 🥹...

1 hour ago, GGill said:

Hi Jasmine! If you don't mind sharing, what is your timeline for filing?

I actually looked into the April 2023 filers forum on here and it looks like they are getting their approvals, so hopefully good news for us May 2023 filers and hope we hear something soon! All the best to us 🥹...

Im an April filer …. Still waiting …. I so resonate with your post - it’s incredibly frustrating waiting for someone in an office to assess the validity of your marriage … and it’s so hard to not be with mu husband …

sigh 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 5/16/2023 at 8:31 PM, LennyO said:

Mine went from Texas to California.  Confirmed by Emma.  Not sure how I feel about that but I am also sending in a K-3 application tomorrow.  I have heard it can help and not hurt.  

Did you have any luck with your k3? Has your i130 been approved yet?  We filed May 18 and May 22 (k3) and still waiting.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jessica & Henry said:

Did you have any luck with your k3? Has your i130 been approved yet?  We filed May 18 and May 22 (k3) and still waiting.

When was your first active review please? I’m May 19th and I didn’t get AR1 until September 9th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 4/16/2024 at 1:42 PM, TheNigerianPrince said:

IMG_8183.png

I heard that you can try to expedite or contact the aombudsman of the beneficiary is aging out.  I would do both ASAP

8 minutes ago, TheNigerianPrince said:

When was your first active review please? I’m May 19th and I didn’t get AR1 until September 9th

It was on May 18, 2023.same day I filed online

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jessica & Henry said:

I heard that you can try to expedite or contact the aombudsman of the beneficiary is aging out.  I would do both ASAP

It was on May 18, 2023.same day I filed online

Yea I heard about the expedite condition too but isn’t that after you’re DQ’ed at NVC? Also the ombudsman do you know the guideline for that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

PD, May 12, 2023.

Countdown had me hopeful until last month when it went to "case is taking longer than expected" and this month, it's saying "4 months" again. Is this a good sign or should I start worrying? 😔😔

3 hours ago, HmoobTsaabLady said:

PD, May 12, 2023.

Countdown had me hopeful until last month when it went to "case is taking longer than expected" and this month, it's saying "4 months" again. Is this a good sign or should I start worrying? 😔😔

Mine went to 4 months last week too

Timeline
3 hours ago, HmoobTsaabLady said:

PD, May 12, 2023.

Don’t worry, that’s the weird norm, major service centers like VSC, TSC and NSC are still processing cases from 26-29 April. Expect Approval from ending of May thereabout.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.