James

What to do now that family reunification program extended to Colombia et al. for those with pending family-based petitions?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Political Issue? 
Colombia has been suffering for longer than many of orher countries that got benefits way before and the only thing we could do was, continue being brave and fight our horrible wars alone, but everything is about what someone can get from someone else,,, like petroleum

well, im glad this benefit will be up soon and hopefully will help us ( the ones with processes under review), and don’t get delayed anymore 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, makers said:

Political Issue? 
Colombia has been suffering for longer than many of orher countries that got benefits way before and the only thing we could do was, continue being brave and fight our horrible wars alone, but everything is about what someone can get from someone else,,, like petroleum

well, im glad this benefit will be up soon and hopefully will help us ( the ones with processes under review), and don’t get delayed anymore 

US Politics

I could probably name 10 other Countries that most people would agree are worse, anyway does it matter, is there a way of measuring, will someone in Mexico be impressed that someone from Colombia can come immediately and they are having to wait 30 plus years?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
14 hours ago, Boiler said:

US Politics

I could probably name 10 other Countries that most people would agree are worse, anyway does it matter, is there a way of measuring, will someone in Mexico be impressed that someone from Colombia can come immediately and they are having to wait 30 plus years?

Well, Im here to find answers, not to start a non sense fight about who deserve more or not with someone that I definitely dont know and never will, have a good day!!! 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Family said:

Just did a quick search and don’t see any updates. Your first idea to check with Embassy in Bogota is sounding good…I couldn’t find anything on their website..so try calling.

The embassy wont give any information about a law that is not active yet, 

the update I read on Semana may 11 magazine stated that it is something that will start on June, My best guess is that all we can do is wait then find out what to do,,,

happy weekend!!

Timeline

https://apnews.com/article/us-immigration-family-reunification-d94cd500548ce5981601737976ab6df3

All secondary sources.

The U.S. government said eligible people will receive an invitation to participate. The government will provide advance travel authorization for individuals who are approved and people will be eligible to apply for authorization to work in the United States while they wait for their immigrant visas.

The administration said more information will be released in mid-June.

It’s unclear if there will be age restrictions. Generally immigrants and refugees in the U.S. have been allowed to petition only for immediate family members, such as a spouse or child. To be considered a child, the person must be unmarried and under 21 years of age. All other family members such as siblings, cousins and adult children are not eligible for family reunion.

Immigration attorneys say some immigrants have been waiting for years to be reunited with their spouses and children.

WHY 100,000?

It’s unclear why the administration has said it intends to welcome as many as 100,000 people from Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador under the family reunification parole processes.

Julia Gelatt of the Migration Policy Center said U.S. State Department data shows at least 284,000 Latin Americans have filed family sponsorship petitions. That includes 78,000 Salvadorans, and up to 57,000 Hondurans, 58,000 Guatemalans, and 56,000 Colombians.

Just to clarify a petition can include many people, for example somebody petitions their Sibling but there is also a spouse and children.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Well, for the main author of this topic, good news that parole is for people that has the i130 approved, they haven't sent any invitation yet, but they will and will update the webpage with the information.

unfortunately for me, my processes are not approved yet, then It doesn't make a difference for me! 
Good luck to everyone!!

IMG_1681.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

In the mean while Tik tokers and the news in Colombia are taking this thing and making a mess, they are not explaining that it is for immediate family members with I130 processes already approved, 

please correct me if I’m wrong! 

Timeline

Please note that these parole processes are for certain nationals of Colombia, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, and Honduras who are principal beneficiaries of an approved Form I-130, and their immediate family members. However, you must receive an invitation to participate in these processes, and invitations have not been issued yet.

Appears the cases have to be at NVC and the Parole period will be 3 years.

Timeline

At NVC and approved for immediate family members or not? 

sorry, with all the crossed information everywhere, I dont know what believe now,,, better, just, wait and see

Timeline

K1s do not spend much time at NVC and do not have an I 130.

HP is taking quite a few months to process without these as well

I was trying to think of the logic of this, who it is targeted at and why, just gave me a headache.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Boiler said:

K1s do not spend much time at NVC and do not have an I 130.

HP is taking quite a few months to process without these as well

I was trying to think of the logic of this, who it is targeted at and why, just gave me a headache.

K1? Well i am a citizen now, I dont need the parole for me, I want it for my children in Colombia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.