ceriserose

The Canuck EI Thread

1,533 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No, mine did not state that. Just enclose a nice cover letter explaining the situation!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

They denied me becasue they said that I left work to early to move to the USA.

My interview was May 2, I moved May 24.

I didnt get married until Aug 12, so they said that I left my job to early and that I should not have moved until August. What the F&ck ever. They shouldnt be able to tell me when I can move.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline

MY EI claim was originally denied (not because of the ROE) but becuase I was military and had an actual contract. But I appealed and won. Easy process, and the EI people were excellent.

No clue on why they denied you Pink, crazy!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I did Appeal it and it was denied.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I did Appeal it and it was denied.

So sorry to hear that Pink... gosh..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone I just read through the thread, I think i actually did everything right this time.My last day of work was june 9th I had my EAD biometrics appt june 15th and i applied for EI june 26th. MY move date is july 2nd. so hopefully i'm good to go on all this.I mailed my ROE'S in too,now my question is do i just mail my copy of EAD when i get it to the belleville office? thanks terry our journey is almost done yippee

wedding 2006-06-03

i130

2006-06-24.......mailed

06-07-18.......noa1

09-19.......touched[li

09-20.......rfe sent

09-25.......rfe mailed back

10-02.......rfe email received uscis

10-03.......touched

12-12.......APPROVED

i129f

06-08-21......mailed

06-08-29.....noa1

06-09-02....touched

06-09-09....touched

06-10-20...touched ...sent to csc

06-10-27...touched

06-11-15...APPROVED 07-03-08 interview and visa approved

1. EAD.... sent may 13
  2. biometrics.....june 13
  3. ead transfer to csc.....july 13

4. EAD card in production

• 1 month later...
Timeline

HRDC

PO Box 4500

Belleville, ON

K8N 5E2

I used the search engine, had to type in Belleville interstate to find it. Found the info on this post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/lofivers...php/t43966.html

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How would collecting EI in the US work on filing taxes. I read in here where Flames was saying that Canada takes 25% tax off

When it comes time to file taxes on the EI I assume one would be filing on a Revenue Canada tax form as they deducted the taxes. What about here in the US does one also have to file a tax claim for receiving the EI and pay US tax on that money

I'm not sure how this is all suppose to work when filing taxes if I do manage to get my EI approved.

Could someone please enlighten me on how filing income tax on money received in Canada is done, while now living in the US.

I think my next tax filing is going to be quite an adventure lol lol

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Do we have to have had the civil ceremony already to be eligible?

Nope.. It has to do with when you are ready willing and able to work.. not tied to your wedding date..

We moved to the US once I got my K-1 and we waited about a week until we got married...

I left a few days after I moved (cause I wasn't ready and able to work I was unpacking and goofing off with hubby :devil: ), but i put a date for ready willing and able to work that was before my wedding date..

You are relocating because of a marriage.. but you are "eligible" (2 week waiting period still applies though) from the time you stop working (if you have moving fairies that do all the work while you look for work) :)

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

does i matter that you quit?

i know if you are living in canada and quit jobs they wont pay you

AOS Timeline

12/05/2007 - Mailed AOS package

07/03/2008 - Received Welcome Letter and Green Card in Mail.

Timeline

As long as u quit to move to be with ur spouse!!

Timeline

we are about to have a baby so is it better to wait till he is born, then i can collect parental? cuz the regular ei is only good for as long as your i-94 right? so Im wondering if the parental leave maybe longer..

anyone know?

AOS Timeline

12/05/2007 - Mailed AOS package

07/03/2008 - Received Welcome Letter and Green Card in Mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.