MamaBoyz

N-400 May 2023 Filers

295 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, jts4132 said:

What time was your interview? If it is after a certain hour I understand you can't do same day oath, correct? Also, what field office?

It was at 11 am, but the systems were down and everyone who interviewed that day couldn't do oath.  The office had come to a standstill.  Field Office: San Fernando (SFO) 

Basically if the office was up and running, I could have had same day oath as well.  The officer told me they do oath ceremonies 4 times a day in that office.

23 hours ago, BMU9 said:

Hi all, has anyone not had the oath ceremony on the same day?  Unfortunately, the systems were severely down the day of the interview so I got approved online a few days later and am now waiting to hear back the date and details of the oath ceremony.  Had all been up and running, I would have had the oath ceremony the same day and be done.  My question is - how long was it between the interview and the oath ceremony?  I'm hoping it's soon.  I had my interview on Dec 1st.  Thanks.

It took me five days to get my oath ceremony after the interview in San Jose. They assigned it to the next available ceremony day; they don't do it every day. You may receive the oath ceremony notice within a few weeks. So you are almost finished, congrats!

On 12/12/2023 at 7:08 PM, johnnyRoe said:

It took me five days to get my oath ceremony after the interview in San Jose. They assigned it to the next available ceremony day; they don't do it every day. You may receive the oath ceremony notice within a few weeks. So you are almost finished, congrats!

got a notification for oath ceremony in January

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Share my timeline

5/11 - Filed online

5/13 - I-797 received, bio reuse

9/17 - Interview scheduled

10/24 - Interview done

10/27 - Oath ceremony

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting for an interview in Casper, WY.  I had an interview scheduled for last Friday but on the Thursday afternoon I get a call from Denver field office saying that my appointment is cancelled. I've called USCIS and the agent put in a service request to get me another appointment..hopefully, within the next 30 days.  I have also gotten my local Congress woman involved now since I think this is taking way too long.

1 hour ago, MonicaCO said:

Still waiting for an interview in Casper, WY.  I had an interview scheduled for last Friday but on the Thursday afternoon I get a call from Denver field office saying that my appointment is cancelled. I've called USCIS and the agent put in a service request to get me another appointment..hopefully, within the next 30 days.  I have also gotten my local Congress woman involved now since I think this is taking way too long.

You are almost there!🏃‍♀️

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this thread. I filed on 05/29/2023 (3 months from 5 years anniversary) and did biometrics on 06/23. There has been no update since then... I reached out to the senator and got a response saying my case is pending on background checks. I didn't have any crime or traffic ticket or whatnot. I requested name change which might be a factor? Not sure why this is taking so long. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.