36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 6/1/2023 at 9:03 AM, Crabbypatty said:

Nothing new. How about you? How did your biometric go and did your status change to actively being reviewed immediately after appointment? 

Nothing new so far. Biometrics went well. Yes status changed to actively reviewed  on 485 and 765.immediately after appointment. Also processing time on my I130 changed from 13 months to 5 months. update on 130 is still case was received though. Will keep you posted of any changes or updates.

13 minutes ago, Flamingjune said:

Nothing new so far. Biometrics went well. Yes status changed to actively reviewed  on 485 and 765.immediately after appointment. Also processing time on my I130 changed from 13 months to 5 months. update on 130 is still case was received though. Will keep you posted of any changes or updates.

That’s great! Where did you see that the processing time changed from 13 to 5 months? Is that yours specifically or are you talking about the LFOs general processing time? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Crabbypatty said:

That’s great! Where did you see that the processing time changed from 13 to 5 months? Is that yours specifically or are you talking about the LFOs general processing time? 

When you log in to your USCIS account, next to the I130, you will find the tab on the right side, nd you will see the option processing time. Check and let me know what it says.

3 minutes ago, Flamingjune said:

When you log in to your USCIS account, next to the I130, you will find the tab on the right side, nd you will see the option processing time. Check and let me know what it says.

Wow thank you for that, I did not know that! I just checked and it says 5 months as well. What state are you in? I’m in Florida.

what happens when the I-130 is approved? Then they will go over to the next one, the I-485? So that processing time is not the actual estimate of when we finally get the greencard, right? 🧐 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Crabbypatty said:

Wow thank you for that, I did not know that! I just checked and it says 5 months as well. What state are you in? I’m in Florida.

what happens when the I-130 is approved? Then they will go over to the next one, the I-485? So that processing time is not the actual estimate of when we finally get the greencard, right? 🧐 

NY here. I have no idea what happens ah ah. I'm a novice in this just as you are but dont worry, as I discover or learn new things I will share them here with you. From what I've read so far the 485 cannot be approved without 130. And even in the case when you see an approved notification foe 485 and not 130, it just means that the 130 hasn't updated yet.

32 minutes ago, Flamingjune said:

NY here. I have no idea what happens ah ah. I'm a novice in this just as you are but dont worry, as I discover or learn new things I will share them here with you. From what I've read so far the 485 cannot be approved without 130. And even in the case when you see an approved notification foe 485 and not 130, it just means that the 130 hasn't updated yet.

Yes I read that Too that the 485 can’t be approved without 130. That’s why I was surprised the 485 says actively reviewing and the 130 is on just received. I wonder what happens after the 130 is approved and how much longer it takes after that. I also wanted to check timelines for 130 and 765 but out of all 6 or so options it offices I don’t even know where mines being processed. I know my local one but I know that’s only for the 485. I see Nebraska Texas California etc for the 130. So no idea where mines at (or will be at)

maybe anybody reading on here as well knows how to answer those questions :) 

lets keep each other updated! 

Edited by Crabbypatty

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Crabbypatty said:

Yes I read that Tik that the 485 can’t be approved without 130. That’s why I was surprised the 485 days actively reviewing and the 130 is on just received. I wonder what happens after the 130 is approved and how much longer it takes after that. I also wanted to check timelines for 130 and 765 but out of all 6 or so options it offices I don’t even know where mines being processed. I know my local one but I know that’s only for the 485. I see Nebraska Texas California etc for the 130. So no idea where mines at (or will be at)

maybe anybody reading on here as well knows how to answer thread questions :) 

lets keep each other updated! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 2:43 PM, Flamingjune said:

Any news on your application? Still haven’t received EAD. Processing time for I-130 changed to 4 months. Altough that still doesn’t help in having an estimate for the approval time until greencard I guess. Did your processing time change, too? I know somebody personally who put in their application just a day before me and they received their EAD already! Lucky one :( no luck for me it seems! Anybody here who filed in April and already got their ead?? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Crabbypatty said:

Any news on your application? Still haven’t received EAD. Processing time for I-130 changed to 4 months. Altough that still doesn’t help in having an estimate for the approval time until greencard I guess. Did your processing time change, too? I know somebody personally who put in their application just a day before me and they received their EAD already! Lucky one :( no luck for me it seems! Anybody here who filed in April and already got their ead?? 

No news yet. No EAD, nothing. Processing time also changed to 4 months.

Update: EAD approved. Nothing in the mail yet, but the approval letter can be found on the online portal under the document section. Now waiting for the actual card in the mail. When I filed I requested for them to create a SSN for me. Will this be send out along with the EAD card? Or how long will it take to receive the ssn? Do I have to do anything else to get it? Like going to some place with my ead and apply for it? Anybody here who knows? Any updates here on other April filers? 

oh and for reference: approval of EAD exactly 4 weeks after biometrics appointment. 

On 6/20/2023 at 2:15 PM, Flamingjune said:

No news yet. No EAD, nothing. Processing time also changed to 4 months.

Update: EAD approved. Nothing in the mail yet, but the approval letter can be found on the online portal under the document section. Now waiting for the actual card in the mail. When I filed I requested for them to create a SSN for me. Will this be send out along with the EAD card? Or how long will it take to receive the ssn? Do I have to do anything else to get it? Like going to some place with my ead and apply for it? Anybody here who knows? Any updates here on other April filers? 

oh and for reference: approval of EAD exactly 4 weeks after biometrics appointment. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/26/2023 at 2:52 PM, Crabbypatty said:

Update: EAD approved. Nothing in the mail yet, but the approval letter can be found on the online portal under the document section. Now waiting for the actual card in the mail. When I filed I requested for them to create a SSN for me. Will this be send out along with the EAD card? Or how long will it take to receive the ssn? Do I have to do anything else to get it? Like going to some place with my ead and apply for it? Anybody here who knows? Any updates here on other April filers? 

oh and for reference: approval of EAD exactly 4 weeks after biometrics appointment. 

That's great! haven't heard anything from my end so far. No EAD, nothing yet. Not in a hurry though, whenever it happens it happens...ah ah. I don't want to drive myself crazy for something out of my control.

On 6/6/2023 at 2:04 PM, Flamingjune said:

I get that. My ead card was produced yesterday and is now hopefully on the way to me. My fingers are crossed for you that you hear something soon. Keep me updated and I’ll do the same 

Timeline
On 7/8/2023 at 12:42 PM, Crabbypatty said:

I get that. My ead card was produced yesterday and is now hopefully on the way to me. My fingers are crossed for you that you hear something soon. Keep me updated and I’ll do the same 

Will definitely let you know as soon as I hear something. Did you receive your EAD card yet?

1 hour ago, Flamingjune said:

Will definitely let you know as soon as I hear something. Did you receive your EAD card yet?

My ead card is supposed to be arriving in the mail tomorrow. We have a service that shows what’s on the way to us. Will come back here to confirm once it’s in my hands 🙌 processing time for I-130 still says 4 months. Same for you? Tip: check the document section of your form I-765 . Mine still said „case is actively being reviewed“ but in the documents section it showed the approval letter for the ead. It didn’t update in the front page until way after the approval letter was in the mail. 

Edited by Crabbypatty

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.