JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, yibkeith said:

I sent an inquiry to AskNVC about my petition, and received two similar, but slightly different responses on the same day from two different agents. Weird

May 26, 2023 – NOA2, “Case Was Approved” – USCIS

June 30, 2023 – Sent an inquiry to “Ask NVC” to see if they received my petition. 

July 7, 2023, 7:42 am – NVC response to inquiry: “The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. However, we do not have a record of receiving your approved petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We will contact USCIS to determine the location of your petition. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to make sure your case is moving forward. Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. Once NVC receives this petition from USCIS and enters it into our system, all case parties will receive a notice that they can begin processing if a visa number is immediately available.”

July 7, 2023, 11:01am – NVC response to inquiry: “Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not yet received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. If you have not received a communication from NVC about this case within 60 days from the I-797 approval notice, please contact us again. Once NVC receives this petition from USCIS and enters it into our system, all case parties will receive a notice that they can begin processing if a visa number is immediately available.”

Your noa2 date is may 26. It took about 60 days for nvc to receive my petition. Im expecting another 30 days for them to create the case and send to embassy. Hang in there and give it more time. Im sure everything is ok.

Edited by Shane-Debby

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, yibkeith said:

I sent an inquiry to AskNVC about my petition, and received two similar, but slightly different responses on the same day from two different agents. Weird

June 30, 2023 – Sent an inquiry to “Ask NVC” to see if they received my petition. 

July 7, 2023, 7:42 am – NVC response to inquiry: “The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. However, we do not have a record of receiving your approved petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We will contact USCIS to determine the location of your petition. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to make sure your case is moving forward. Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. Once NVC receives this petition from USCIS and enters it into our system, all case parties will receive a notice that they can begin processing if a visa number is immediately available.”

July 7, 2023, 11:01am – NVC response to inquiry: “Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not yet received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. If you have not received a communication from NVC about this case within 60 days from the I-797 approval notice, please contact us again. Once NVC receives this petition from USCIS and enters it into our system, all case parties will receive a notice that they can begin processing if a visa number is immediately available.”

Like @Shane-Debby said above, it's taking about 60 days for the petition to get received by NVC now. Some cases are faster than others, others take longer. It's a gamble. Then a few more weeks for a case number.

Funny that you got two responses to the same inquiry by two different agents, but they all say the same thing in the end, that they still don't have it. My first inquiry at 30 days had the same response, my second at day 45 as well. Only on day 52 I was able to get a positive one so I am waiting until late next week to inquire again. I'd say try again next week and hopefully you will get a positive reply soon!

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

3 hours ago, yibkeith said:

Mystery solved. The first email came from asknvc@state.gov and the second email from NVCResearch@state.gov.

Both seem to work for the same group and contractor company. They used the same signature block:

Regards,

Ellen | Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

NVCResearch@state.gov

Regards,

Rope | Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

Timeline
1 hour ago, HGill43 said:

finally, NVC has received my petition and it's waiting for data entry, fingers crossed, 

NOA2 4th May, 

NVC received 07/07

congrats! youre one step closer

Timeline
10 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

when I  email nvc yesterday, this is their response. Is this real or just a generic answer? 

anyone else has this generic answer from them?

Screenshot 2023-07-07 8.40.44 AM.png

Real. Congratulations! They got your case, but it’s not in their systems yet so they can’t give you a case number.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Real. Congratulations! They got your case, but it’s not in their systems yet so they can’t give you a case number.

Thanks! 

what is the standard days of wait until I get case number? did you get the same generic message as well? how long did you have to wait? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

Thanks! 

what is the standard days of wait until I get case number? did you get the same generic message as well? how long did you have to wait? 

It's hard to know. 2-3 weeks after that seems to be the norm (for those that inquire again, some people never get the welcome e-letter from NVC it seems).
I am still waiting. Got the same email as yours this Monday.

NOA1:

Timeline
1 hour ago, GinoNiña said:

when I  email nvc yesterday, this is their response. Is this real or just a generic answer? 

anyone else has this generic answer from them?

Screenshot 2023-07-07 8.40.44 AM.png

congrats! You're one step closer

Timeline
4 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

Thanks, did you get your case number yet?

My fiancee already made an appointment for cfo class this month. 

Not yet. im going to wait a couple more weeks. One thing to keep in mind is if you go to cfo class before you get your visa (which is fine) then you will have to go back to the cfo place when you do get it before leaving the Philippines.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shane-Debby said:

Not yet. im going to wait a couple more weeks. One thing to keep in mind is if you go to cfo class before you get your visa (which is fine) then you will have to go back to the cfo place when you do get it before leaving the Philippines.

why  does she has to go back after the seminar?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

why  does she has to go back after the seminar?

She can take the class without having her visa but if she does, she will need to return after she gets it to obtain the CFO sticker. Without the CFO sticker on her visa, they will not allow her to board a plane for the US

7 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

It's hard to know. 2-3 weeks after that seems to be the norm (for those that inquire again, some people never get the welcome e-letter from NVC it seems).
I am still waiting. Got the same email as yours this Monday.

after the 2-3 weeks to get the case number, how long until they send the case to the embassy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.