Jeng29

Interview 221g IO instructed to upload doc in ceac and submit passport thru LBC

10 posts in this topic

Good day everyone.My son had his interview last wed in manila embassy under IR2 .I missed to send him our marriage cert and  and marriage document as his parents.I know my carelessness to miss that.The IO instructed my son to upload the required docs thru CEAC and send thru passport thru LBC.Will he just send his passport after we have downloaded the required docs to CEAC.Can we send the passport the next day after we have uploaded it?Please anyone advise.Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, Jeng29 said:

Good day everyone.My son had his interview last wed in manila embassy under IR2 .I missed to send him our marriage cert and  and marriage document as his parents.I know my carelessness to miss that.The IO instructed my son to upload the required docs thru CEAC and send thru passport thru LBC.Will he just send his passport after we have downloaded the required docs to CEAC.Can we send the passport the next day after we have uploaded it?Please anyone advise.Thank you so much.

Have you seen the actual 221g?  Are they just asking you to just upload the marriage certificate to CEAC and send the passport, or are they asking you to upload the marriage certificate to CEAC and then send both the marriage certificate and the passport together by LBC?  The exact details written on the 221g would be important.

Edited by top_secret

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Hi top_secret.Thanks for taking time to read my worries.My son was instructed by the IO to upload to the ceac and was said that only the passport and his NBI and Cenomar be submitted in courier.He gave my son a letter  and clearly instructed him to just  send the passpirt nbi and cenomar  and told him not to get married and have a year to do it. here is the letter6BC93A7F-0423-427B-A2B2-82D6DEF54D6C.thumb.jpeg.81c68310393a5215526d7387cee8cfc3.jpeg

20 hours ago, Jeng29 said:

My son was instructed by the IO to upload to the ceac and was said that only the passport and his NBI and Cenomar be submitted in courier.He gave my son a letter  and clearly instructed him to just  send the passpirt nbi and cenomar  and told him not to get married and have a year to do it. here is the letter

Just reading the 221g it's not totally clear.  The 221g doesn't mention CENOMAR or NBI at all. Did he have those at the interview and maybe they just asked him to upload copies of what he had to CEAC????  The 221g does mention foreign marriage certificate, certificate of finality for annulment of bioparents' marriage and original or certified copy of foreign divorce documents for petitioner.  It says those must be scanned and submitted to CEAC AND "SUBMIT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS TOGETHER WITH YOUR PASSPORT."

it also says.. IMPORTANT: All required documents marked below must be submitted all at one time with a copy of this letter and document submission form https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-221ginfo.asp.

Which I assume is this form. https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/PH_IV Document Submission Letter.pdf

So best to take everything the 221g says very literally.  Get the required document, scan them to CEAC and send the originals along with the passport and submission letter by LBC.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Hi top_secret again thank you so much fir your input.Yes my son  have and showed  the Cenomar and NBI at the interview.It was given back to him and was instructed to submit it together with his passport thru LBC. The reason I am confuse because the 221g letter is not clear.If we just need to download the required docs marriage cert and termination of marriages which the CO even explain to him to go to Ceac and submit it. And told him to sent the passport and original cenomar and nbi thru LBC .My son is IR2 visa.I guess its safer if we also submit the Marriage cert and termination of marriages thru LBS even we have downloaded it in  ceac as instructed.Anybody have same situation as ours? Thank you so much

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 minute ago, eli mae said:

hi! i also received a 221(g) letter instructing me to upload my police clearance in CEAC. i want to ask if your son waited for the submitted document to be accepted or he just sent the required document the next day? thank you so much! :)

Welcome to the forum!  :) 

This thread is from mid-last year, and the originator's last visit to VJ was in July.  If a response doesn't come within a week or so, consider reposting your question as an original topic (new thread).  Thanks.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

49 minutes ago, Jeng29 said:

Hi.No after i uploaded it in ceac,My son submitted the  requested docs and his passport together with the 21g letter. They have sent back passport with visa and also the documents.It was do fast.

Oh! So, I don’t have to wait for the status to be “accepted” and just pass the required document after uploading it? Also, thank you for answering 🙏 and congrats to your son for getting his visa :)

AD019EB4-0D17-44DC-8976-632CF3239E23.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.