PatientlyWaiting4

K1 Visa After Interview Status (Dom. Rep.)

20 posts in this topic

Hello- has anyone had their K1 visa issued after their interview recently in Santo Domingo. I know that the current wait times are around 3 weeks to a month, however; we have noticed that some people are getting their visa before then. For instance, one couple had their interview on 4/11 and received their visa on 4/20. We had our interview on 4/3 and our status has been unchanged on CEAC- still displaying "Ready." Does anyone know why there are some visas issued earlier than others? Seems a bit unfair, especially since the person at the embassy said we were approved and had all the necessary paperwork already. 

~~ Topic moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports ~~

Same reason some I-129f petitions are adjudicated faster than others. Some immigration  officers work faster than others, some background checks come back faster than others, etc.I don’t think you should compare yours to others; everyone’s case is unique. 

Our interview was on 3/9 and visa wasn’t in hand until 3/29. Unfortunately, there’s not many answers to why some people receive theirs faster than others. I know of one couple whose interview was on 2/28, and didn’t have their visa in hand until 4/1. It seems unfair, but it’s the sad reality. 

Thank you both. Do you happen to know if it's abnormal for the status to continue to say "Ready" even after our interview? Majority of people we spoke with had their status changed immediately after the interview to "Application Received" then "Approved" then "Issued." My fiance actually just sent an inquiry and one of the first things they asked was "Are you sure you've had your interview?" It makes me worried since the case still says Ready (for Interview) even after 3 weeks since we had the interview. 

8 hours ago, PatientlyWaiting4 said:

Thank you both. Do you happen to know if it's abnormal for the status to continue to say "Ready" even after our interview? Majority of people we spoke with had their status changed immediately after the interview to "Application Received" then "Approved" then "Issued." My fiance actually just sent an inquiry and one of the first things they asked was "Are you sure you've had your interview?" It makes me worried since the case still says Ready (for Interview) even after 3 weeks since we had the interview. 

Have you tried calling them? It should at least say approved by now. Did your fiancé receive the paper that says “you have been conditionally approved” after the interview?

2 hours ago, Jamie and Richard said:

Have you tried calling them? It should at least say approved by now. Did your fiancé receive the paper that says “you have been conditionally approved” after the interview?

no :( we haven't gotten that letter. Would they have given that to us at the interview, or via email? I did call today and they escalated a ticket- I guess they will respond in 1-2 business days. 

On 4/27/2023 at 6:50 PM, PatientlyWaiting4 said:

no :( we haven't gotten that letter. Would they have given that to us at the interview, or via email? I did call today and they escalated a ticket- I guess they will respond in 1-2 business days. 

They should have given you either the paper that states you are conditionally approved, or the 221g. 

On 5/1/2023 at 9:51 PM, Jamie and Richard said:

They should have given you either the paper that states you are conditionally approved, or the 221g. 

Hello 

I had my interview April 14th then I forget to take with my my original birth certificate but we complete the  interview and the visa officer told me everything is fine with my case but she need me to provide the original copy of my birth certificate via  the mailbox service indicated in the letter but my case status still show refused after the document has been submitted. Any suggestion will be appreciated

12 hours ago, Emmaa said:

Hello 

I had my interview April 14th then I forget to take with my my original birth certificate but we complete the  interview and the visa officer told me everything is fine with my case but she need me to provide the original copy of my birth certificate via  the mailbox service indicated in the letter but my case status still show refused after the document has been submitted. Any suggestion will be appreciated

how long ago did you submit the document? maybe send an inquiry via the website to follow up, or call to see if they received it yet. 

2 minutes ago, PatientlyWaiting4 said:

how long ago did you submit the document? maybe send an inquiry via the website to follow up, or call to see if they received it yet. 

Just checked my case status now and I noticed the date change as well the noticed letter below.

Case Last Updated:

04-Mav=2023

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete.

Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy 

20 minutes ago, Emmaa said:

Just checked my case status now and I noticed the date change as well the noticed letter below.

Case Last Updated:

04-Mav=2023

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete.

Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy 

maybe send an inquiry 

On 5/5/2023 at 10:44 AM, Emmaa said:

Case Last Updated:

04-Mav=2023

Have you had any updates since this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.