An D

worth doing ds-260/AOS before having complete civil docs

5 posts in this topic

hi,

we're at the nvc stage but still waiting for 1 civil document (police clearance) which should be in our hands in about a week. 

Is there any benefit to completing the DS-260 and AOS now before having all the civil documents available? or do we need to have all the civil documents on hand when completing the DS-260? just trying to get everything out of the way that we can as soon as possible so there's less to worry about. i'd also like to submit the AOS stuff, but again, just don't know if submitting that and/or DS-260 now serves any purpose if the civil documents aren't all ready to go for upload right after we complete those previous forms. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No specific order required.  Nothing will be done with your case until all items are submitted.

20 hours ago, An D said:

Is there any benefit to completing the DS-260 and AOS now before having all the civil documents available?

You must submit the DS-260 to enable the upload of civil documents.  After submitting the DS-260, you may take as long as you need (up to a year) to upload the required documents.

20 hours ago, An D said:

hi,

we're at the nvc stage but still waiting for 1 civil document (police clearance) which should be in our hands in about a week. 

Is there any benefit to completing the DS-260 and AOS now before having all the civil documents available? or do we need to have all the civil documents on hand when completing the DS-260? just trying to get everything out of the way that we can as soon as possible so there's less to worry about. i'd also like to submit the AOS stuff, but again, just don't know if submitting that and/or DS-260 now serves any purpose if the civil documents aren't all ready to go for upload right after we complete those previous forms. 

You can upload what you already have but wait to submit everything together until you have the final document.

I submitted DS-260 and waited for a couple civil documents but once I had everything I submitted it together.

Edited by davidtech

USCIS Process

2.27.22 - Filed I-130 online

2.27.22 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center) -> Transferred (California Service Center)

Case Is Actively Being Reviewed Since 2.27.22

5.27.22 - K3 Received

6.1.22 - K3 Receipt Notice (California Service Center)

3.7.23 - NOA2 (Approved)

4.10.23 - NVC Docs Sent

4.21.23 - NVC Completion

7.14.23 - Interview Letter Received

9.21.23 - Visa Approved (CR1 Interview)

• 7 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 6:07 PM, Chancy said:

You must submit the DS-260 to enable the upload of civil documents.  After submitting the DS-260, you may take as long as you need (up to a year) to upload the required documents.

So I can submit thr DS-260 before the AOS? I’m just waiting on a joint sponsor for that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.