CS & CK

New Zealand Police Certificate continually rejected

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/21/2023 at 6:59 AM, Jacq1227 said:

We submitted our documents last 07-Apr and just got DQ'd yesterday, 20-Apr. I got worried because alot of people were posting about getting their NZ police cert being rejected. Luckily, on our first submission everything went well.

What we did for the nz police cert is that we marked it as not available, and put the following comment that I got from here, " New Zealand police department will send the information directly to the US Consulate in Auckland, who will then send it to NVC"

can anyone please tell me what documents did you submit along with your form? 

my parents visited New Zealand and stayed over one year. They are in India and need to provide PCC from New Zealand. They don't have New Zealand license number either, so wondering what documentation are required.. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

and what do you write in consulate postal address? is it Auckland consulate address or the Consulate where their visas will be granted?

3 hours ago, Nevil2210 said:

can anyone please tell me what documents did you submit along with your form? 

my parents visited New Zealand and stayed over one year. They are in India and need to provide PCC from New Zealand. They don't have New Zealand license number either, so wondering what documentation are required.. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

and what do you write in consulate postal address? is it Auckland consulate address or the Consulate where their visas will be granted?

Hi, i am not sure of the process for getting a police clearance if the person is no longer living in nz. I just submitted the section 14 vetting form and once they've completed it they directly sent it to US consulate.

You may check on this link:

https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-services/businesses-and-organisations/nz-police-vetting-service/vetting-process-visas/advice?nondesktop

Timeline
On 4/18/2023 at 4:38 PM, visacats said:

P.s. if you haven’t already, maybe it’s worth a trawl through the NVC forum to see if there are any other tips or tricks for escalating NVC issues in general and getting them resolved? The threads might not pertain to your issue specifically but maybe there are discussions about other ways to escalate if e.g. the public inquiry form goes unanswered or similar, as I’m guessing there are many ways to hit NVC roadblocks. Maybe you’ve already done this, but if not that could be a different angle to approach from.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/83-national-visa-center-dept-of-state/

Hi Visacats

can you  please tell me what documents did you submit along with your form? 

6 hours ago, Jacq1227 said:

Hi, i am not sure of the process for getting a police clearance if the person is no longer living in nz. I just submitted the section 14 vetting form and once they've completed it they directly sent it to US consulate.

You may check on this link:

https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-services/businesses-and-organisations/nz-police-vetting-service/vetting-process-visas/advice?nondesktop

thank you.. I will ask around to get the accurate information.

30 minutes ago, Nevil2210 said:

Hi Visacats

can you  please tell me what documents did you submit along with your form? 

I just completed and submitted the form itself to the e-mail address provided. Didn't provide any other documentation.

I am living in the UK and don't have a New Zealand driver's license either, so I just left it blank.

I specified that the relevant country was the United States and specified the US Consulate Auckland postal address. (They then forwarded it to the NVC, and NVC forwarded it to the American Embassy in London.)

Can I just confirm that your parents are applying for an immigrant visa to the US from India, i.e. applying for an IR5 visa? The reason I ask is that this particular NZ police process is only for immigrant visas. If they are applying for a tourist/visitor visa then there is another process.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, visacats said:

I just completed and submitted the form itself to the e-mail address provided. Didn't provide any other documentation.

I am living in the UK and don't have a New Zealand driver's license either, so I just left it blank.

I specified that the relevant country was the United States and specified the US Consulate Auckland postal address. (They then forwarded it to the NVC, and NVC forwarded it to the American Embassy in London.)

Can I just confirm that your parents are applying for an immigrant visa to the US from India, i.e. applying for an IR5 visa? The reason I ask is that this particular NZ police process is only for immigrant visas. If they are applying for a tourist/visitor visa then there is another process.

yes It is IR5 visa. I am US citizen and I filled their petition. Thank you so much for your help. 

Did you select Not applicable or Not available for on the NVC account for New Zealand Police certificate? what is the correct way to tell NVC so they dont reject PCC for NZ. 

39 minutes ago, Nevil2210 said:

yes It is IR5 visa. I am US citizen and I filled their petition. Thank you so much for your help. 

Did you select Not applicable or Not available for on the NVC account for New Zealand Police certificate? what is the correct way to tell NVC so they dont reject PCC for NZ. 

Okay cool.

I posted what I entered to NVC earlier in this thread, link below.

Basically, NZ police vetting replied to me after I sent the form. They sent me a confirmation e-mail stating that my results had been sent to Auckland Embassy. I saved a copy of that e-mail and uploaded it to NVC, and added a note stating that I had followed the process, with a link to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/NewZealand.html as well.

Now, that worked for me. However it appears it did not work for the author of this thread, as they did the same thing as me but had some problems. (Not sure if they ever got it resolved as I didn't see any further posts.) So I think that my approach clearly works, but there's still a risk of issues. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, visacats said:

Okay cool.

I posted what I entered to NVC earlier in this thread, link below.

Basically, NZ police vetting replied to me after I sent the form. They sent me a confirmation e-mail stating that my results had been sent to Auckland Embassy. I saved a copy of that e-mail and uploaded it to NVC, and added a note stating that I had followed the process, with a link to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/NewZealand.html as well.

Now, that worked for me. However it appears it did not work for the author of this thread, as they did the same thing as me but had some problems. (Not sure if they ever got it resolved as I didn't see any further posts.) So I think that my approach clearly works, but there's still a risk of issues. 

great, Thank you. 

• 6 months later...

Hi there. I am in a similar situation.  Initially provided a convinction report from MoJ but NVC rejected it referring me to their website. Applied thru NZ Vetting Services to find out that neither them nor the U.S. Embassy in Auckland share vetting results with the applicant. I am now anticipating a bottle neck with this because NVC is expecting a copy of the vetting report which I won't have.  How did you get around it? Cheers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.