kardib

Packet 3 - K1 Visa

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Flavia V. said:

Yes! Booked for the 18th, how about you? :) Thank you so much!

Yay I'm glad! 😄

We did the 24th. Just to give ourselves some time for getting the medical and everything done.

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 9:15 PM, Flavia V. said:

I emailed them my Packet 3 as soon as our status turned to Ready, I guess I received the P3 letter in my mailbox about 2 weeks later, right around the time I was receiving P4 by email. It definitely saved me some time. Keep checking your status and the moment you're about to receive P4 the "case updated date" will change to current date (the status will still remain "Ready").

You should really hear from them pretty soon. :) 

Hey! Fellow Canadian here. No NOA2 yet but I'm curious how you knew what to send for P3 if you hadn't received it? This might be a little loophole we can take advantage of, like you clearly did! Also love that you helped each other out with the appointment dates!!! ❤️

Timeline
47 minutes ago, JB1990 said:

Hey! Fellow Canadian here. No NOA2 yet but I'm curious how you knew what to send for P3 if you hadn't received it? This might be a little loophole we can take advantage of, like you clearly did! Also love that you helped each other out with the appointment dates!!! ❤️

Hey!

Once you get your NOA2, you can track the NVC stuff and when it makes it to the consulate. 

Once it is at the consulate, you can use this link for packet 3 (if they don't send it to you within a day or 2)

https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

This is from the CA US Embassy website. Hope that helps!

Good luck!

1 minute ago, kardib said:

Hey!

Once you get your NOA2, you can track the NVC stuff and when it makes it to the consulate. 

Once it is at the consulate, you can use this link for packet 3 (if they don't send it to you within a day or 2)

https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

Good luck!

Okay great. I was curious if that's the document you used even though it's 2016. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, kardib said:

Hey!

Good luck!

Actually sorry - one more question, was the 221g something not listed on the 2016 P3 document or was in unrelated? You don't have to tell me what it was if it doesn't apply to me. Just double checking.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JB1990 said:

Okay great. I was curious if that's the document you used even though it's 2016. Thank you!

I believe that is the one I used. @Greenbaum is this the one you have as well (if you have it)?

15 minutes ago, JB1990 said:

Actually sorry - one more question, was the 221g something not listed on the 2016 P3 document or was in unrelated? You don't have to tell me what it was if it doesn't apply to me. Just double checking.

Not everyone is given a 221(g). We were given one AFTER our interview as we needed a different police clearance certificate (PCC) than the one we provided. 

Once we got that, we sent it via mail (they give you instructions) and essentially were waiting for the the issuance.

Hope that helps!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.