Sarge2155

April 2023 - AOS Filers

30 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Received text notice on Aug 3 that an interview was scheduled for the I-485. Waiting on the actual letter. The other two are in same status (I 765,I 131) . Original filing date 4/28, biometrics 5/24. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/29/2023 at 12:14 AM, isurvived said:

Any updates on your interview?

Interview scheduled for sept 13th at Montgomery AL uscis office. The time is 11:29am which I thought was kinda funny 😆 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 1:46 PM, andrewsax said:

Interview scheduled for sept 13th at Montgomery AL uscis office. The time is 11:29am which I thought was kinda funny 😆 

Any updates? 

On 7/18/2023 at 5:51 PM, M&HH said:

Congrats! My husband waited for his SSN card to come, but it never did. I found a PDF on the USCIS website from the SSA that mentions to go to your local office if you don't receive your SSN within 7 business days of receiving the EAD. He went to our office and they had no record of USCIS filing for his SSN, so they processed it that day--received the card 7 days later.

Here's the link: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/flyers/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf

This helped us get our SSN from the office

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband got a RFE for I-693 (Medical Examination & Vaccination Record). We bit the expensive bullet and just did the whole form, even though he probably could have gotten away with the vaccine portion only. The RFE didn't make that distinction, so we didn't want to risk it. Sent it to the Montgomery office per the instructions in the letter, and it arrived on Thursday (Nov. 2nd). Hope to have an update in the next couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, M&HH said:

My husband got a RFE for I-693 (Medical Examination & Vaccination Record). We bit the expensive bullet and just did the whole form, even though he probably could have gotten away with the vaccine portion only. The RFE didn't make that distinction, so we didn't want to risk it. Sent it to the Montgomery office per the instructions in the letter, and it arrived on Thursday (Nov. 2nd). Hope to have an update in the next couple of weeks.

Wow! Congratulations, this is definitely a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed

• 2 months later...

After a long wait, my green card was finally approved last week on January 29th. I filed my AOS back on April 5th last year. I am now waiting for the receipt and looking forward to getting the physical card in my hand. Hopefully, I will receive it soon. I didn't get any interview; it was approved right away with no RFE or anything. My case was processed in one of the NYC offices. Which ones are well known for long processing times

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Does anyone have "MSC" for service center? I was finally able to get the receipt number after a month and a half of filing.  Does any one have timeline for biometrics and EAD for MSC, processing time in uscis website says 7 months for EAD.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.