IRFUN

Post-DQ, if CEAC shows 'Accepted' for Petitioner and 'Submitted' for Joint Sponsor...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

1. Does it mean that they aren't using the Joint Sponsor? (Screenshot 👇)

image.png.4eab6e1fc44fa33d06aa34a0f4c43c0c.png

2. Step 10 (here) states that applicants "do not need to bring [their] Affidavit of Support or financial evidence [they] submitted to NVC.
Is this accurate? I've seen multiple accounts here mentioning that they bring thei sponsor's updated I-864 + Financial Evidence to the interview. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, IRFUN said:

1. Does it mean that they aren't using the Joint Sponsor? (Screenshot 👇)

image.png.4eab6e1fc44fa33d06aa34a0f4c43c0c.png

2. Step 10 (here) states that applicants "do not need to bring [their] Affidavit of Support or financial evidence [they] submitted to NVC.
Is this accurate? I've seen multiple accounts here mentioning that they bring thei sponsor's updated I-864 + Financial Evidence to the interview. 

I would bring ALL documents to the interview (even if it says that online). The worst that could happen is that they won't ask for them. But just bring them to be safe. 

Hmm, as far as the joint sponsor, not sure honestly. What does your message say in the inbox? Is it simply "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED" or did they say something in addition to that. 

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/22/2023 - Approved 🎉 (notice came from NBC Service Center) 

Total: 375 days

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

03/03/2023 Submitted NVC paperwork

03/18/2023 Documentarily Qualified 🎉

04/04/2023 Received Interview Letter

Total: 34 days

Embassy - Sofia, Bulgaria

04/27/2023 - Medical

05/09/2023 - Interview (Approved)

USA

05/12/2023 - Arrived in the US

06/30/2023 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
1 minute ago, Alex&Nayden said:

I would bring ALL documents to the interview (even if it says that online). The worst that could happen is that they won't ask for them. But just bring them to be safe. 

Hmm, as far as the joint sponsor, not sure honestly. What does your message say in the inbox? Is it simply "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED" or did they say something in addition to that. 

Yeah, that’s what I’m planning to do. Just wondering why there’s a discrepancy. 

And yup, got the Documentarily Qualified message in the inbox. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, IRFUN said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m planning to do. Just wondering why there’s a discrepancy. 

And yup, got the Documentarily Qualified message in the inbox. 

The consulate has final say over what is required at their interview. Follow their instructions which will be emailed once they have the application in hand. The usual is “ the original and a photocopy of all documents submitted to CEAC / NVC”. Better to have and not need than ….. 

The interviewing officer will determine if the joint sponsor is needed 

Edited by Lil bear

Timeline
11 hours ago, Lil bear said:

The consulate has final say over what is required at their interview. Follow their instructions which will be emailed once they have the application in hand. The usual is “ the original and a photocopy of all documents submitted to CEAC / NVC”. Better to have and not need than ….. 

The interviewing officer will determine if the joint sponsor is needed 

Got it, thanks. 

Just want to inform our joint sponsor if they're on the hook for the AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
11 hours ago, IRFUN said:

Got it, thanks. 

Just want to inform our joint sponsor if they're on the hook for the AOS

You wont know that until after the interview

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
13 hours ago, Calimi said:

What happened with this? I'm in the same situation and am curious!

We're still 2 weeks away from our interview but after a few days of seeing Submitted for my joint sponsor, the status turned to Accepted. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.