Nody

N-400 March 2023 filers

171 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/2/2023 at 6:33 PM, lvesnal said:

Hey guys: just wanted to see if there are still any March filers patiently waiting for their interview notices:) 

Hope everybody’s doing good. 

Yes. My husband is still waiting. 03/20/2023

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 8/3/2023 at 9:40 AM, zeroshucksgiven said:

I filed ROC 751 in 02/2022 and filed N400 in 05/2023 - got a notice on 07/11/ for an interview N400 on 08/24/23. my 751 is still pending though (MSC)

Hopefully that will be a combo interview!

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2016 (me, H-1B) / 2017 (her, H-4)

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2023-03-22

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

On 8/5/2023 at 6:28 PM, M+K IL said:

Hopefully that will be a combo interview!

Well 

Probably not anymore 

my interview got cancelled today upon my withdrawal request from June. 

When tomorrow starts without me..

please try to understand, That an Angel came and called

my name, and took me by the hand; The angel said my

place was ready, In Heaven far above, And that I'd have

to leave behind all those I dearly love. But when I walked 

through Heaven's Gates, I felt so much at home, for God

looked down, smiled at me, And told me "Welcome Home."

So when tomorrow starts without me, 

Don't think we're far apart, for every time you think of me,

I'm right there in your heart.

Hey All - I wanted to update this helpful thread on my experience. I had my interview today -8th Aug, in NYC and was approved and in a couple of hours I got the oath notice on the website for 25th Aug. The interview took less than 10 minutes. First the officer did the reading, writing and the civics questions. On the N400, he asked 

• Full Name
  • Do I want to change my name?
  • Date of Birth
  • Was I ever married?
  • Where do I live? 
  • What work do I do?
  • Did I ever owe taxes?
  • Did I ever serve in the military?
  • Describe the club that I was a member of? And how long I was a member of.
  • Was I ever arrested?
  • And then the three Oath of allegiance questions - support constitution, bear arms and noncombat services. 

And that was it. The officer didn't check for travel, tax, no word definitions. I felt very lucky and also a little anti-climatic for all the preparation I had done. But better to plan for the worst and hope for the best. 

Good luck to all of you!! And every who posted commented, it really helped me on listening to everyone's experiences! 

Now, onto getting the oath and getting that passport..

Timeline

Got notified by email today (the 9th) that our oath ceremony is scheduled for the 25th (16 days from now). Very Pythagorean!

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

I have a weird situation and hoping if some one could help me. My interview was scheduled for 8/26. The status was updated on 8/10. Today when I checked, the status was showing de-scheduled due to unseen circumstances. and immediately after that it was again changed to oath scheduled but the weird thing is the second one also has the same date of 8/26 and time. In the documents both letters have the same date and time.  image.png.1c48a133605705010c19bcc3cf9140e2.png

Timeline
On 8/12/2023 at 12:24 AM, M Z said:

I have a weird situation and hoping if some one could help me. My interview was scheduled for 8/26. The status was updated on 8/10. Today when I checked, the status was showing de-scheduled due to unseen circumstances. and immediately after that it was again changed to oath scheduled but the weird thing is the second one also has the same date of 8/26 and time. In the documents both letters have the same date and time.  image.png.1c48a133605705010c19bcc3cf9140e2.png

I'm guessing they cancelled your appointment in error. Best to bring all notices to the ceremony?

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

15 hours ago, M Z said:

I was thinking to do the same but I was thinking to contact USCIS via chat or call, not sure if it is a good or a bad idea. Though the current status says notice was mailed so I am assuming it is still scheduled for the same date and was mistakenly cancelled.

image.png.7c24e434e50b6eec04078147d7a6663b.png

Check the documents does it have a new documents ? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/5/2023 at 5:48 PM, Jannati said:

Yes. My husband is still waiting. 03/20/2023

Finally got scheduled for interview today. Interview date is 09/27/2023

4 hours ago, g9g9g9 said:

Check the documents does it have a new documents ? 

image.png.03ef6e271077aa4f05a22d4657dead29.png

In the documents tab the first one shows 8/26 and then it was de scheduled. The Last one that says Oath ceremony scheduled is for the exact same date and time. I am assuming that they cancelled it by mistake or was a glitch so they set it up again for the same date and time. But it sure is confusing that why would they cancel it in the first place

18 minutes ago, Jannati said:

Finally got scheduled for interview today. Interview date is 09/27/2023

Congratulations! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.