OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

585 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, dolibash said:

Everyone 

I had my interview today. It took less than 15 minutes and it was smooth, underwhelming smooth haha. The CO asked four questions about my study, where I lived before and if started applying to Jobs; then she told me it was approved. 

I spent two weeks prepping for scenarios and questions and had a second file full of documents that wasn't touched haha. Thanks for everyone in this thread for your support and help, especially @appleblossom, you were very helpful with queries from different users

congratulations, what a way to start the weekend

Hi all,

How do I know if my PD is current?  This is the date we summited the petition for CR1, isn't it? We submitted Nov 13th  2022. DQ Jan 13th 2024. Thank you all.

Edited by Deejee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, Deejee said:

Hi all,

How do I know if my PD is current?  This is the date we submitted the petition for CR1, isn't it? We submitted Nov 13th  2022. DQ Jan 13th 2024. Thank you all.

That would depend on the sort of case you have. Does not sound like an EB2

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Deejee said:

Hi all,

How do I know if my PD is current?  This is the date we summited the petition for CR1, isn't it? We submitted Nov 13th  2022. DQ Jan 13th 2024. Thank you all.

You say CR1 but this thread is about EB-2, so which is your case??

On 2/16/2024 at 2:37 PM, dolibash said:

Everyone 

I had my interview today. It took less than 15 minutes and it was smooth, underwhelming smooth haha. The CO asked four questions about my study, where I lived before and if started applying to Jobs; then she told me it was approved. 

I spent two weeks prepping for scenarios and questions and had a second file full of documents that wasn't touched haha. Thanks for everyone in this thread for your support and help, especially @appleblossom, you were very helpful with queries from different users

Congratulation , what date was your PD ? Also , could you please tell  whether you had a job offer ? Thanks 

3 hours ago, Am2024 said:

Congratulation , what date was your PD ? Also , could you please tell  whether you had a job offer ? Thanks 

You can see @dolibash's PD on his timeline - click on it below his username for details.

HTH.

Hello everyone,

I am in the EB-2 category with a DQ date of November 2023. Although I became current in January, I have not yet received an IL. Could anyone provide insight into the typical timeline for receiving such a letter?

It has been approximately 3.5 months since my DQ status, yet there has been no update regarding the IL.

5 hours ago, DaveHM said:

Hello everyone,

I am in the EB-2 category with a DQ date of November 2023. Although I became current in January, I have not yet received an IL. Could anyone provide insight into the typical timeline for receiving such a letter?

It has been approximately 3.5 months since my DQ status, yet there has been no update regarding the IL.

What’s your Priority Date? It would be great if you could fill in your timeline. Not many of us EB applicants around, so every timeline is hugely helpful. 

Assuming it’s current, then you need to count from when your PD became current, not from your DQ date - you’re not added to the queue for an interview until a visa becomes available to you. So you were added to the queue last month, and I’d expect you to get an IL in this months batch.

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

6 hours ago, appleblossom said:

What’s your Priority Date? It would be great if you could fill in your timeline. Not many of us EB applicants around, so every timeline is hugely helpful. 

Assuming it’s current, then you need to count from when your PD became current, not from your DQ date - you’re not added to the queue for an interview until a visa becomes available to you. So you were added to the queue last month, and I’d expect you to get an IL in this months batch.

Good luck. 

Thank you for your response. I have updated my timeline. My PD is on 15 August 2022 and got current from the first day of Jan. 

I was getting worried that my IL was taking too long. Fingers crossed for an interview date soon!

5 minutes ago, DaveHM said:

Thank you for your response. I have updated my timeline. My PD is on 15 August 2022 and got current from the first day of Jan. 

I was getting worried that my IL was taking too long. Fingers crossed for an interview date soon!

OK, so you'll have been added to the queue in January. I don't think this month's IL's have gone out yet (they are often right at the end of the month for London), so you may well get an IL in the next few days for an interview in March or April.

Good luck. 

On 2/27/2024 at 4:15 AM, appleblossom said:

OK, so you'll have been added to the queue in January. I don't think this month's IL's have gone out yet (they are often right at the end of the month for London), so you may well get an IL in the next few days for an interview in March or April.

Good luck. 

FYI. we got our IL this month (on Feb 9) so it might be that the next batch of ILs win’t go out until early March now. 

On 2/21/2024 at 11:33 AM, Boiler said:

That would depend on the sort of case you have. Does not sound like an EB2

My apologies. I did not realise this thread is for EB2 only. 

On 2/21/2024 at 12:14 PM, appleblossom said:

You say CR1 but this thread is about EB-2, so which is your case??

Thank you.  My apologies. I did not realise this thread is for EB2 only. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.