JojoandTomas

MARCH 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

399 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Silky said:

Thank you for your reply.  I did look in my regional forum and received an answer. In my embassy’s case you have to contact them.  My case was “in transit” for 8 days before it changed to “ready.”

Ahhh glad you found an answer! My question was more how long before it changes from at NVC to in transit on CEAC website… either way nothing I can do. It was either shipped or it wasnt yesterday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ss & mj said:

Ahhh glad you found an answer! My question was more how long before it changes from at NVC to in transit on CEAC website… either way nothing I can do. It was either shipped or it wasnt yesterday.

Yes the regional forums are great for the embassy phase I’m seeing.  

Mine changed to “in transit” the same day I got my email with new nvc case number.  Hope you see some progress soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
26 minutes ago, PakistaniRussian said:

I think the best thing to do is talk to a Tier 2 agent, if they don't help out, hang up and try again. Also get your Congress person involved if possible.

It varies, based on each embassy location. But from what I've read, its rather quick after its been received and marked as "Ready". I would e-mail your embassy and ask them to e-mail you the packet if possible. I'm still waiting for my case to go from "In Transit" to "Ready". Its been 14 days since it went into Transit. :(

Hope you get some good news with a “ready” status update soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Zz6938 said:

I understand that you did not submit the 160 and waiting for embassy to OK you to schedule the visa interview. my question is -  Have you scheduled the Medical yet? 

I did complete the DS160, you just submit it and bring the confirmation page to your interview. Ankara doesn't allow a medical until we have an interview date. They specifically say "You can ONLY make an appointment with us using our appointment management system. Please follow the instructions carefully." You can find more information on the Ankara Embassy website: https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/medical-requirements/

I-1295F Sent - 12/31/2021

I-1295F NOA 1 - 01/07/2022

I-1295F NOA 2 - 03/17/2023

USCIS Shipped to NVC - 5/12/2023

NVC Received -  5/15/2023.

NVC Case Number - 5/31/2023

NVC Left: 6/8/2023

Ready At Embassy: 7/5/2023

Medical Exam: 8/14/2023

Interview Date: 8/17/2023

Flight to USA: 8/30/2023

Marriage: 9/13/2023

AOS & EAD NOA1: 10/16/2023

Bio Appt: 11/08/2023

EAD Approved: 01/06/2024

Green Card Approval ETA: 02/13/2024

I'm sorry if this has been answered but I'm waiting for my NVC number. If you guys had to inquired to get your NVC assigned number or do they send you email once the data is entered into their database without any inquiries. 

I-129F Package Sent to USCIS: January 28, 2022
NOA1: February 02, 2022
NOA2: April 04, 2023
NVC Case Number Received: June 27, 2023
NVC Sent to Embassy: July 03, 2023
Embassy Received Case: July 10, 2023
Packet 4 Received: July 11, 2023

Interview Scheduled: August 28, 2023

5 hours ago, Bikenm said:

I'm sorry if this has been answered but I'm waiting for my NVC number. If you guys had to inquired to get your NVC assigned number or do they send you email once the data is entered into their database without any inquiries. 

Once the case is entered into NVC systems within a week I received an email from NVC with the case number. 

however, i was able to get my invoice and case number via email inquiry. NVC research.

15 hours ago, Tzgeneration said:

USCIS K1 fiancé 

Mailed 12/7/2021

Received NOA1 12/9/2021

NOA2 3/21/2023

5/27/2023 applied for expedited case due to financial hardship 

NVC received 6/2/2023

NVC case no: 6/14/2023

6/15/2023 expedited approved 

@NVC 6/14/2023 -6/17/23

In transit 6/20/23

Ready 6/22/23

DS-160: submitted 6/22/23

FYI: on CEAC says ready:

Case created: 6/14/2023

Case last updated: 6/22/2023

Doha, Qatar embassy will schedule interview date, waiting for that. 

How do you know when your case was last updated? Does it show on CEAC website somewhere?

also best of luck with the interview and keep us posted pls! 

23 hours ago, ss & mj said:

Wondering the same thing currently. Took almost 30 days from the day USCIS shipped our case to receive our NVC number, finally got it this Tuesday after our last inquiry on Monday. I was hoping this would mean they'd ship it out this week, but no change yet. Looks like we'll have to wait until the 4th/5th?

In which case it would most likely arrive at the embassy right as our I-797's expiring 😄

4 minutes ago, Pangoleen said:

Wondering the same thing currently. Took almost 30 days from the day USCIS shipped our case to receive our NVC number, finally got it this Tuesday after our last inquiry on Monday. I was hoping this would mean they'd ship it out this week, but no change yet. Looks like we'll have to wait until the 4th/5th?

In which case it would most likely arrive at the embassy right as our I-797's expiring 😄

Yep. More waiting for us. I am trying not to feel exasperated but it’s hard…like why would they not send it this week? We will already have to wait at least 2 months before getting an interview. And yes the NOA2 will expire but that gets extended anyway by consulate so not an issue. 

good luck to us all! Positive thinking 🥴🤪🤪

14 minutes ago, ss & mj said:

Yep. More waiting for us. I am trying not to feel exasperated but it’s hard…like why would they not send it this week? We will already have to wait at least 2 months before getting an interview. And yes the NOA2 will expire but that gets extended anyway by consulate so not an issue. 

good luck to us all! Positive thinking 🥴🤪🤪

Yeah I feel you. Considering we already had to push back all our plans by over 1.5 years and me needing to be in the US by early September for an important event, all I'm hoping for at this point is that it somehow works out and that I won't be forced to buy two sets of plane tickets in short succession 😅

My embassy is usually fairly quick so fingers crossed ...

All I can think about these days is this scene from Asterix – "The Place that Sends you Mad" lol

Maybe it'll cheer someone up 🥲

Edited by Pangoleen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
10 hours ago, ss & mj said:

How do you know when your case was last updated? Does it show on CEAC website somewhere?

also best of luck with the interview and keep us posted pls! 

Once you have your case number, it will be able to show at various levels, for example it did show at NVC, later in transit after few days and last ready. If you are using an app like “case tracker” you have to remove the number and put it back in to update , not sure why but tracking using ceac website is up to date. See attachments. 

B5BBEAA0-8FFD-4D5D-A784-23E6D7270ED6.jpeg

E39CA851-5016-4A94-8C07-9EC33A494288.jpeg

EC67E5A3-41CF-4B73-B618-9216220BC056.jpeg

Edited by Tzgeneration
My case number showing

18 hours ago, Tzgeneration said:

Once you have your case number, it will be able to show at various levels, for example it did show at NVC, later in transit after few days and last ready. If you are using an app like “case tracker” you have to remove the number and put it back in to update , not sure why but tracking using ceac website is up to date. See attachments. 

B5BBEAA0-8FFD-4D5D-A784-23E6D7270ED6.jpeg

E39CA851-5016-4A94-8C07-9EC33A494288.jpeg

EC67E5A3-41CF-4B73-B618-9216220BC056.jpeg

Ahhh thanks so much @Tzgeneration this is so useful. Our case didn’t ship so it’s still at NVC ☹️☹️ but finger crossed it will soon. Didn’t know I could track it using the case tracker! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, ss & mj said:

Ahhh thanks so much @Tzgeneration this is so useful. Our case didn’t ship so it’s still at NVC ☹️☹️ but finger crossed it will soon. Didn’t know I could track it using the case tracker! 

Yes, you can use case tracker and put your case number in the NVC section. CEAC is the best since it updates but case tracker doesn’t update unless you remove it and put it back in then it gives u accurate information. Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.