JojoandTomas

MARCH 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

399 posts in this topic

I spoke with an agent at USCIS.  The petition is still at the California Service Center, and hasn't been updated since the filing of the petition.  They did confirm the NOA2.  They advised me to wait until 90 days have passed.  At that point, I can call back and a agent will submit a service request to find the petition and send it to NVC.  I imagine that the NVC is so back-logged that they are telling the service centers to hold onto the petitions until they can physically receive more of them.

Regardless, I will see which one happens first; NVC contacts USCIS to locate it, or the 90 days is up and I call the USCIS.  I'm hoping for the former.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
18 hours ago, ltodd456 said:

I received a response from NVCResearch today and they have received my petition. My NOA2 date is 10th March 2023 on the letter but the online case tracker says March 13th 2023

Congratulations! I wanted to confirm with you if you got your case # as well when they said they received or petition? Or did they just receive your petition and are still creating a case #? :whistle:

I-1295F Sent - 12/31/2021

I-1295F NOA 1 - 01/07/2022

I-1295F NOA 2 - 03/17/2023

USCIS Shipped to NVC - 5/12/2023

NVC Received -  5/15/2023.

NVC Case Number - 5/31/2023

NVC Left: 6/8/2023

Ready At Embassy: 7/5/2023

Medical Exam: 8/14/2023

Interview Date: 8/17/2023

Flight to USA: 8/30/2023

Marriage: 9/13/2023

AOS & EAD NOA1: 10/16/2023

Bio Appt: 11/08/2023

EAD Approved: 01/06/2024

Green Card Approval ETA: 02/13/2024

1 hour ago, PakistaniRussian said:

Congratulations! I wanted to confirm with you if you got your case # as well when they said they received or petition? Or did they just receive your petition and are still creating a case #? :whistle:

I was just told nvc have received it and the case is waiting for data entry in their systems

On 5/15/2023 at 9:02 PM, ss & mj said:

Thank you for this update and info trick. I was hopeful I would have the same “good ish” news since our NOA2 are the same date, however alas when I called USCIS said they don’t see anything being done on our file since 17 march and to wait 90 days 😭😭😭

patience and courage to us all 🙏🏾

I know it sounds crazy to say this, but 90 days might kill us at this point. She is asking me every day if I have gotten an email from NVC... Tomorrow is 60. We have been living above her grandpa as a "temporary" solution for 5 months now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
17 hours ago, TannerH said:

I know it sounds crazy to say this, but 90 days might kill us at this point. She is asking me every day if I have gotten an email from NVC... Tomorrow is 60. We have been living above her grandpa as a "temporary" solution for 5 months now.

Your time is coming soon.  Hope you two can find strength in that you are together.  Most of us are many miles away from our partners riding this out alone.  Sending you guys positive energy. 

Edited by Silky

Hang in there!!! These last months have been so hard on us as well (and I’m sure many others on VJ). It’s so hard living in limbo and at the whim of the immigration system but I keep telling myself it will be worth it and a story for our kids about perseverance. Wish you much luck @TannerH 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Silky said:

Finally some good news.  After 68 days of waiting, NVC has received our petition.   Any ideas on current processing time to get thru NVC and to embassy?  

Congratulations! @Silky It varies, but most Embassies receive your case within 30-60 days after NVC assigns you a case number (based on what I've heard recently). 

Hang in there. We've been country hopping for the past 1 year and it gets very stressful at times. But we stay strong and know that it will all be worth it in the end. As others have said, you and I should count our blessings because we are with our loved one. Most couples are separated for extended periods of time, so we are lucky.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Silky said:

Finally some good news.  After 68 days of waiting, NVC has received our petition.   Any ideas on current processing time to get thru NVC and to embassy?  

Congratulations!!!

5 hours ago, Silky said:

Your time is coming soon.  Hope you two can find strength in that you are together.  Most of us are many miles away from our partners riding this out alone.  Sending you guys positive energy. 

4 hours ago, PakistaniRussian said:

Congratulations! @Silky It varies, but most Embassies receive your case within 30-60 days after NVC assigns you a case number (based on what I've heard recently). 

Hang in there. We've been country hopping for the past 1 year and it gets very stressful at times. But we stay strong and know that it will all be worth it in the end. As others have said, you and I should count our blessings because we are with our loved one. Most couples are separated for extended periods of time, so we are lucky.

4 hours ago, ss & mj said:

Hang in there!!! These last months have been so hard on us as well (and I’m sure many others on VJ). It’s so hard living in limbo and at the whim of the immigration system but I keep telling myself it will be worth it and a story for our kids about perseverance. Wish you much luck @TannerH 

Thanks guys, and I know that we do have it better than most and I will try to remind my fiance that. It's her more than me that is really just taking it hard, and I imagine if we had a guarantee of a date when it would be all over it would alleviate things a ton. Best of luck to all of you as well.

I just called USCIS using the ol Infopass method and the agent there was nice but basically unlike what others experienced wouldn't tell me a thing until we pass the 90 day mark.

4 hours ago, TannerH said:

I just called USCIS using the ol Infopass method and the agent there was nice but basically unlike what others experienced wouldn't tell me a thing until we pass the 90 day mark.

Same, we just called and could get barely any info out of our agent since it's 'only' been 65 days – after tons of prying my fiancé asked if they had any evidence that our case has been shipped out yet, to which they said no. Guess that means it's still sitting there.

I'm getting frustrated all over again. We have an important event happening mid September that I really don't want to miss. As if K1s haven't been through enough already.

We have sent our third inquiry (previous 2 were not received) for our case with an NOA from 03/03 and NVC responded with this: 

"This case is documentarily complete, which means the NC has all the documents we requested. Your application is waiting for an interview appointment, where a consular officer will adjudicate it."

Im guessing this means that they forwarded it to the embassy already? I haven't seen this wording for K1 before. They also didn't include our case number in their reply so I can't track it further 😑 Did anyone receive the same message?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, AriandChris said:

We have sent our third inquiry (previous 2 were not received) for our case with an NOA from 03/03 and NVC responded with this: 

"This case is documentarily complete, which means the NC has all the documents we requested. Your application is waiting for an interview appointment, where a consular officer will adjudicate it."

Im guessing this means that they forwarded it to the embassy already? I haven't seen this wording for K1 before. They also didn't include our case number in their reply so I can't track it further 😑 Did anyone receive the same message?

Wow....thats rather strange. Never heard of this until its actually sent to the Embassy. So I guess that's good news for you :)

I sent another inquiry asking for the case number is so you can start tracking it. Keep us posted with any updates you get 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.