emmewalle

USPS lost my green card.

3 posts in this topic

USPS apparently delivered my green card via priority mail but accidentally delivered it to the wrong address.

I have been on a goose chase with them to try to locate it. It has been 2 weeks since the delivery; they are unable to find it and keep stalling me. I visited the location they delivered it to and they have been frantically trying to locate it too (it's a school and the entire staff is on it - they actually know my husband as he went to middle school there).

I contacted USCIS and after a few agents with misinformation, they advised that either: I should wait a little longer or just file for a replacement card. I would need to file an I 90 and pay the fee AGAIN. There's also another form I can submit for a fee waiver, which is subject to their consideration.

It would take me 19 months to get a new card and according to them, they've done their job, and it's for me to sort out with USPS or then just apply for it all over again.

This is beyond frustrating, and I've been told this happens A LOT.  

My learning from this is to watch my mail and case tracker like a hawk in the future. When I went from my biometrics, the lady at the office said it could take up to 6 months for it to be printed and delivered. Therefore, I never really kept tabs on my case tracker. I happened to randomly log into the case tracker a few days later to check up, and to my surprise, it was delivered within two weeks but again to the wrong address......

Any advice is helpful. Thank you in advance. 

Don't know for sure this will work but you can try to talk to an agent and ask for it to be resend to you. I had to try with a couple of different ones until I got a service number.

I said it was supposed to be delivered Feb 13 but it wasn't and now usps cannot find it, then asked to be resent.

Edited by jackiegringa

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.