I-751 March 2023 Filers

483 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2023 at 1:13 PM, samdog said:

Short update:

3/1 - packet sent (overnight) to Phoenix lockbox

3/2 - packet received by Phoenix lockbox

3/6 - check cashed by USCIS

<forgot to send G-1450>

3/7 - called USCIS to get a case number: IOE0919XXXXXXXXXX, and they also said that the NOA1 was mailed on this day

3/8 - online status changed to "case is being actively reviewed by USCIS"

Still no NOA1 but hopefully I get it soon.

Additional updates:

<forgot to send G-1450>

3/7 - called USCIS to get a case number: IOE0919XXXXXXXXXX, and they also said that the NOA1 was mailed on this day

3/13 - received "biometric reuse" letter

3/13 - received "online account" letter with the access code

Question: I still don't have the NOA1 letter saying that my 2yr GC validity is extended by 48 months... but I see this letter in the "Documents" tab in my account. Can I use a print out of this letter to re-enter the US, or do they need the original letter sent via snail mail?!

20 minutes ago, samdog said:

Question: I still don't have the NOA1 letter saying that my 2yr GC validity is extended by 48 months... but I see this letter in the "Documents" tab in my account. Can I use a print out of this letter to re-enter the US, or do they need the original letter sent via snail mail?!

Original only. Majority of airlines won't even allow you to board the plane to the US with a copy.

Edited by OldUser

9 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Original only. Majority of airlines won't even allow you to board the plane to the US with a copy.

That's what I thought. No idea what's taking the NOA1 so long (assuming USPS didn't just lose it) because both the letters I got today were dated 3/8 and they are here already. I am still waiting for a Tier-2 agent to call back for an InfoPass appointment so I can get the I-551 stamp before I fly out of the US... but they keep telling me that "I am on the urgent call-back list and an agent will call within 72 business hours" - the 72 business hours ended on 3/6 and I've called thrice since and they keep telling me to wait for the letter in the mail or for the call-back - neither of which is happening right now

2 minutes ago, samdog said:

That's what I thought. No idea what's taking the NOA1 so long (assuming USPS didn't just lose it) because both the letters I got today were dated 3/8 and they are here already. I am still waiting for a Tier-2 agent to call back for an InfoPass appointment so I can get the I-551 stamp before I fly out of the US... but they keep telling me that "I am on the urgent call-back list and an agent will call within 72 business hours" - the 72 business hours ended on 3/6 and I've called thrice since and they keep telling me to wait for the letter in the mail or for the call-back - neither of which is happening right now

Good luck! Also try just showing up at local field office if you can. With all the docs (GC, passport, confirmation letters for flights etc). You may get accross some sympathetic employee who will let you get the stamp.

37 minutes ago, samdog said:

Additional updates:

<forgot to send G-1450>

Is your current GC still valid?

Just now, CCCas said:

Is your current GC still valid?

I wouldn't risk it even if it still is. Things happen like closed borders or change of plans.

Just now, samdog said:

It expires this month, but my return is next month

Right, cannot travel on that

30 minutes ago, samdog said:

Hope it doesn't come down to this, but if I don't get anything by this Thursday I plan to show up at USCIS every morning from Friday this week until my flight next week and hopefully someone answers my prayers.

Also try different offices if you have them nearby. Sorry you have to deal with this!

4 hours ago, samdog said:

Additional updates:

<forgot to send G-1450>

You need the original extension notice to re-enter US.

Once I showed a copy of my latest immigration notice at the US airport immigration and they didn’t let me. Luckily I had my previous original notice with me, which was still valid and that got me cleared.

I-751 Timeline:

Jan 12, 2022 : Sent I-751 application package via USPS

Jan 14, 2022 : Delivered to USCIS Phoenix lockbox

8 minutes ago, annrose said:

Once I showed a copy of my latest immigration notice at the US airport immigration and they didn’t let me. Luckily I had my previous original notice with me, which was still valid and that got me cleared.

do you need the extension in hand too even if your current GC is still valid? just wondering

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, CCCas said:

do you need the extension in hand too even if your current GC is still valid? just wondering

No. Only if your GC is expired when you enter 

35 minutes ago, annrose said:

Thanks, that's what I assumed would be the case and I called USCIS again today to schedule an InfoPass appointment so I could get the ADIT (I-551) stamp before I fly out next week. They keep saying I am on the "urgent call-back list" and someone will call within 72 business hours. But they've been saying that since 3/3 so I'm not really sure what to do at this point except just hope that the NOA1 magically shows up in my USPS mailbox.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.