badwolfxi

NVC Case Number Is The Wrong Embassy

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Today I received an email from the NVC after inquiring if they have a case file number. The case number starts with the letters MNL, which my beneficiary is from, but does not currently reside. She resides in Doha, Qatar and the current address that we put on the petition was her address in Doha. So I sent another inquiry stating that she will be needing the case sent to the US embassy in Doha where she currently resides. We're hoping that they get to it in time before it gets shipped out, is there anything else we can do to have the NVC correct the mistake before it gets shipped out? If it does not get caught in time, what is our best option to make sure it gets to the embassy we need it to be at?

Timeline

Just an update if anyone was curious what's going on here. Received a response from NVC stating that there was insufficient proof of eligibility due to lack of proof of residency or work visa. So they requested we submit documents like her residency permit or work visa via the inquiry form. She sent me her residency permit, along with work visa and the national address certification so I attached all that to the inquiry form and sent it over. Hopefully that is sufficient for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! How is your case going now? I am also the beneficiary and I currently live here in Qatar. I did not send my residency permit also so I assume I'll have the same scenario with you. 

So we need to prepare..

1. Residency permit (QID)

2. Work Visa

3. National address certificate - I am not familiar with this. Can you help me with this 3rd requirement? 

Thank you!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kokopuff said:

Hello! How is your case going now? I am also the beneficiary and I currently live here in Qatar. I did not send my residency permit also so I assume I'll have the same scenario with you. 

So we need to prepare..

1. Residency permit (QID)

2. Work Visa

3. National address certificate - I am not familiar with this. Can you help me with this 3rd requirement? 

Thank you!

ugh yeah NVC needs to do better at identifying the proper embassy to send it to. They seem to make this mistake a lot. But hey we have our case at the Doha Embassy now!!

I'll walk you through everything we did, first we sent an email to the doha embassy, the email you need to contact is ivconsulardoha@state.gov. There was the automated response which stated for case transfer what we need to send. The next day we send another email and we included all those attachments listed, it took them about 10 days to respond to the email, which during that time we sent 4 more emails, either on her behalf or mine. They're still qataris at the end of the day, they just speak english, you know how it is, just have to keep bugging them until they respond. Anyway, after 10 days they respond to the first email we sent, the one where we didn't include any of the attachments. In the email they only asked for her Residency Permit. A few days later, the date on our case was updated on CEAC and a day after that, the letters at the end of the case number changed from MNL to DOH. Indicating that it is now in possession of the Doha Embassy.

Here are my tips to you, okay if you want to acquire your national address certificate, I believe she did it through the Metrash app, and had to pay a small fee as well, it is issued by moi. By the way, we did send an email to the embassy it was mistakenly sent to as well and informed them that we are requesting a case transfer from the Doha Embassy and let them know that this request is being made by the applicant.

If you haven't started sending emails now, DO IT. They take a while to respond, send an email with what you have, just the residency permit? That's okay, draft up an email, be clear and concise on what you need, which is to take your interview at the doha embassy, include case number and names of both of you, attach the permit and send it on through. Later when you figured out how to download national address certificate, send another email and include that and the residency permit again. I will ask my fiancee when she gets home about how exactly she got the national address certificate and reply back to you.

I hope this all helps, if you need clarification or help, let me know.

• 1 month later...

Hey. Thank you for all the information. I really appreciate it. Took me a while to reply since the waiting and the agony are killing me. LOL. How's your case going?

We just got our NOA2. YAY! I think NVC is taking 2 to 3 months? So I guess my clarification will be, should I email them now even if I don't have yet our Nvc case number and attach my residency ID and work permit? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kokopuff said:

Hey. Thank you for all the information. I really appreciate it. Took me a while to reply since the waiting and the agony are killing me. LOL. How's your case going?

We just got our NOA2. YAY! I think NVC is taking 2 to 3 months? So I guess my clarification will be, should I email them now even if I don't have yet our Nvc case number and attach my residency ID and work permit? 

Congratulations on the NOA2!!! As far as our case goes, we were able to get our case transferred to Doha Embassy. However, we have not heard back from them since March 26th. The last time they emailed back they said the physical file was still in transit from the manila embassy. Then it seems like the whole department went on vacation or had reduced staff/hours for the whole month of ramadan and eid, so we haven't gotten any updates despite sending about ten emails so far. It's just ridiculous, they should have had our case there about a month ago and it's just sitting there. I'm starting to send emails daily so they get off their butts and do their jobs.

For you I would suggest waiting two weeks after your NOA2, then send an inquiry to NVC with those documents attached. Inform them that the applicant will need to take their interview at the Doha embassy. If they don't have the case file yet, send the same inquiry on a twice a week basis with the same attachments. You never know when exactly they'll receive the case and how soon from then they will process and ship it out. So it's better be safe than sorry and have to deal with the headache that we dealt with.

Edited by badwolfxi

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Kokopuff said:

Hello! I have prepared all the documents that you suggested and this coming weekend I'll make a draft and send everything. Hopefully, it turns out alright even I don't have yet a NVC number or however they call it. LOL. 

How did the interview go? Hope everything went well! Can't wait to hear from you both!

Hey! I hope you'll get your case number soon and they send yours to the correct embassy.

She just had her interview earlier today, we prepared everything we thought we needed and the interview went very well according to her. The only thing is, they needed more evidence of us having met within the last two years, which is a crucial requirement for K1 and we were so focused on all the other requirements that this one important one flew right over our heads. They gave her the white slip to provide photos, boarding passes or flight bookings as well as chat and call logs. Pretty much the basics. Ugh so dumb that we forgot that. However, the interviewer congratulated her and everything so all we need to do is send the evidence over and she should be approved. I just hope this doesn't cause too much of a delay.

When we are all done with the process at Doha embassy, I will post a guide for how it works with a K1 Visa at the Doha embassy. There is so little helpful info for this embassy.

Keep me posted on your progress, I want to be able to help you through any issues or questions you might have when your case is at Doha embassy.

Edited by badwolfxi

• 4 weeks later...

Hey congratulations on your fiancée's visa. Finally!!! Happy for you both. If you don't mind me asking, may I know the reason why the entry is one August? 

Thanks for the review also. I read it. Very informative and helpful. 

As for me, I haven't received my NVC case number so I'm just and literally, hanging in there 🙃 😅 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Kokopuff said:

Hey congratulations on your fiancée's visa. Finally!!! Happy for you both. If you don't mind me asking, may I know the reason why the entry is one August? 

Thanks for the review also. I read it. Very informative and helpful. 

As for me, I haven't received my NVC case number so I'm just and literally, hanging in there 🙃 😅 

Thanks so much! :)

We booked flights for August because she wanted to wait until the visa was in her hands to put in her notice at work. And also we didn't want to book flights until we were certain that she has the visa in hand. It works out for us since it gives her time to sort out her moving here.

I'm glad you found my review helpful, I hope you can use the information for guidance when you get your interview :D

Yeah just be patient with the NVC stage, it does seem like things started to slow down a bit over there. Just make sure they know to send your case to Doha embassy and hopefully you will avoid additional delays.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 1:38 AM, badwolfxi said:

Thanks so much! :)

We booked flights for August because she wanted to wait until the visa was in her hands to put in her notice at work. And also we didn't want to book flights until we were certain that she has the visa in hand. It works out for us since it gives her time to sort out her moving here.

I'm glad you found my review helpful, I hope you can use the information for guidance when you get your interview :D

Yeah just be patient with the NVC stage, it does seem like things started to slow down a bit over there. Just make sure they know to send your case to Doha embassy and hopefully you will avoid additional delays.

Congratulations guys! My case status is still at Ready I hope we going to get the response regarding the interview date soonest

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there! After 81 days, finally got my case number. Status is still "At NVC". Next shipping date will be August 1 and 2 so hopefully by that time, ours will change into "In Transit" and then be ready soon. Basically right now, just trying to prepare everything that I have available.

August is just around the corner! Excited for both of you!

On 7/2/2023 at 7:06 PM, Jaykeed said:

Congratulations guys! My case status is still at Ready I hope we going to get the response regarding the interview date soonest

Hey are you also processing your k1 here in Doha? How's your case going?

Timeline
19 hours ago, Kokopuff said:

Hello there! After 81 days, finally got my case number. Status is still "At NVC". Next shipping date will be August 1 and 2 so hopefully by that time, ours will change into "In Transit" and then be ready soon. Basically right now, just trying to prepare everything that I have available.

August is just around the corner! Excited for both of you!

Hey are you also processing your k1 here in Doha? How's your case going?

Oh finally! Congratulations! Not much longer now until August. We have everything ready and she's just about all packed. I've been sprucing up the place as well for when she finally comes home :)

Edited by badwolfxi

Good day, @badwolfxi i am actually having the same issue. I lived in South Africa as an international student and we applied k1 while i was there then later on i get back home and we sent a letter to USCIS let them know that I the beneficiary got back home and updated the address but last wednesday 19/July/2023 i made an inquiry requesting my case number and they respond yesterday on the 21July 2023 but the embassy of my case number is a wrong one. I sent an enquiry telling them about the error with supporting document passport, and others which shows that where am actually resident. so i am waiting to see their response... but in the same time when i try to track the case number they gave me it says that (YOUR PETITION HAS BEEN RETURNED TO USCIS FOR ADMINISTRATION ACTION AND IS NO LONGER AT THE NVC, FURTHER INQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE USCIS). i would like to know if your case was the same... did you got this message while trying to log in to track your case with the wong embassy?? and i requested for case number Wednesday, get the error case number by saturday and today sunday the case has been retrurn to uscis??? is the inquiry i did with all the attach can help??? or my case is already indeed be sent back to uscis??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.