badwolfxi

NVC Case Number Is The Wrong Embassy

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Gregoire said:

Good day, @badwolfxi i am actually having the same issue. I lived in South Africa as an international student and we applied k1 while i was there then later on i get back home and we sent a letter to USCIS let them know that I the beneficiary got back home and updated the address but last wednesday 19/July/2023 i made an inquiry requesting my case number and they respond yesterday on the 21July 2023 but the embassy of my case number is a wrong one. I sent an enquiry telling them about the error with supporting document passport, and others which shows that where am actually resident. so i am waiting to see their response... but in the same time when i try to track the case number they gave me it says that (YOUR PETITION HAS BEEN RETURNED TO USCIS FOR ADMINISTRATION ACTION AND IS NO LONGER AT THE NVC, FURTHER INQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE USCIS). i would like to know if your case was the same... did you got this message while trying to log in to track your case with the wong embassy?? and i requested for case number Wednesday, get the error case number by saturday and today sunday the case has been retrurn to uscis??? is the inquiry i did with all the attach can help??? or my case is already indeed be sent back to uscis??

No not entirely the same. There was a brief period where the status did change to "administrative review", however there was no mention about it being returned to USCIS. And after that it quickly changed to sent to embassy. So just be patient for now, but if it really is being sent back to USCIS, there may have been some kind of administrative error that the NVC found on USCIS's part that needs to be corrected. I've heard that this could cause a 6 month delay.

8 hours ago, badwolfxi said:

Oh finally! Congratulations! Not much longer now until August. We have everything ready and she's just about all packed. I've been sprucing up the place as well for when she finally comes home :)

Thank you! 

Can I ask you something? Can you let me know if this is correct timeline? 

1. NVC Case Number

2. Packet 3: Welcome Letter - Petitioner will receive this? 

3. Case Ready

4. Submit DS160 and pay visa fee 

5. Packet 4: Interview Date confirmation from Doha Embassy by email

6. Once the interview is confirmed, schedule the medical exam and vaccinations 

7. Have all your documents and medical result with you on the date of interview and hope it gets approved. Lol

Did I miss something? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kokopuff said:

Thank you! 

Can I ask you something? Can you let me know if this is correct timeline? 

1. NVC Case Number

2. Packet 3: Welcome Letter - Petitioner will receive this? 

3. Case Ready

4. Submit DS160 and pay visa fee 

5. Packet 4: Interview Date confirmation from Doha Embassy by email

6. Once the interview is confirmed, schedule the medical exam and vaccinations 

7. Have all your documents and medical result with you on the date of interview and hope it gets approved. Lol

Did I miss something? 

We don't get a packet 3, it's just packet 4 which is essentially the email you get when they give you an interview date and the following email which has some more instructions. And yeah every other step sounds about right. The medical result may either be electronic deliver or they will have you come pick it up. Initially they told my fiancée that it will be electronic, then she waited and it never came through so she called and they said there was a mistake and they had to give her the physical file instead. Lol. Typical Doha.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow! I thought the welcome letter is necessary in the interview. Maybe I thought wrong. LOL

Guess what? Our case is ready! Will fill up DS160 soon and pay the visa fee.

If it's not too much to ask, may I know the questions that were asked during the interview? Are the officers American (white) or other nationalities/race? Just wanna know. Thanks!

On 7/21/2023 at 6:20 PM, Kokopuff said:

Hello there! After 81 days, finally got my case number. Status is still "At NVC". Next shipping date will be August 1 and 2 so hopefully by that time, ours will change into "In Transit" and then be ready soon. Basically right now, just trying to prepare everything that I have available.

August is just around the corner! Excited for both of you!

Hey are you also processing your k1 here in Doha? How's your case going?

Yes we are processing our K1 here in Doha..still at "ready" status. I wonder why it's taking too long for our interview

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/5/2023 at 3:01 PM, Kokopuff said:

Oh wow! I thought the welcome letter is necessary in the interview. Maybe I thought wrong. LOL

Guess what? Our case is ready! Will fill up DS160 soon and pay the visa fee.

If it's not too much to ask, may I know the questions that were asked during the interview? Are the officers American (white) or other nationalities/race? Just wanna know. Thanks!

Congratulations, I'm glad your case is moving forward!. My fiancée's officer was an American woman with a southern accent. I believe she said that it looked like most embassy personell were American.

Edited by badwolfxi

I am also awaiting k1 visa interview at Doha embassy. I was under the impression that we could schedule the interview through ustraveldocs website but I been checking since August 1st but still says the same thing no appointments available. 

After reading through you guys messages here I see they will schedule the interview :( 

Ive emailed the embassy and had my senator do as well but no response from them. Is there such as a thing of to many emails to them or to early of sending them emails inquiring about an interview? At this rate I dont think I can ever find an interview on the ustraveldocs website. Ive checked day, night, and every two hours always same issue no appointments available.

Is there a curtain time they release interview slots to the website if we are able to schedule our own interview that is?

No not really, unfortunately. It's another waiting game for us. You could try sending them an email. We did, using the visa navigator and responses as per the thread is not something to expect asap. 

Our hopes are with them to send us the schedule. Have you received your welcome letter? And when did you case got ready? 

1 hour ago, boosack said:

I got my welcome letter with case number and old receipt number from uscis in about 60 days after approval from uscis.

The navigator just shows the format and email address to send.

Guessing they have not responded to you? When did you email them?

Is your case at Doha as well?

My case is at Doha as well. I believe it is not the welcome letter because I have received the same.

Welcome letter is saying that the case has been "received" at Doha US Embassy and it contains the instructions for DS160, link for the payment and the list of the necessary documents they require. 

I have not received any welcome letter. But I did already submit the DS160 and paid the visa fees because in some cases they already did it before receiving the welcome letter. It has been almost a month now and we have not received it. 

50 minutes ago, boosack said:

@Kokopuff What does your letter look like it should state that NVC is now transferring your case and at the bottom it should have a case number. 

@Jaykeed when you guys emailed the embassy what format did you use meaning subject and body information? I sent one email a while back and they never responded to me

Welcome letter is like this. Welcome letter should come from US Doha Embassy. Wait. Your case has been ready since June 20????? Why? I mean when was your NOA1? Howcome it has been that long? Is it a special case if you don't mind me asking? 

IMG-20230823-WA0043.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.