EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

474 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2023 at 7:11 AM, Penrose2022 said:

I’m trying to find this answer as well. One person on Facebook got the messages for auto expedite at 5am their time and showed in transit at 8am. Hopefully we all begin to see case ready soon. 

My went in transit last night at 11pm. Anyone have interviews yet?

5 minutes ago, Penrose2022 said:

Allot of people have been able to book interviews already while the case is still in transit.  They are going fast.  Try it.  If it lets you schedule an interview you are good.  If you still get "case not found", try again later.

Edited by top_secret

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

7 minutes ago, top_secret said:

Allot of people have been able to book interviews already while the case is still in transit.  They are going fast.  Try it.  If it lets you schedule an interview you are good.  If you still get "case not found", try again later.

Yea been trying every hour since I woke up today lol

14 minutes ago, Penrose2022 said:

Yes, many.

I have a July 11th interview now, and my case is still in transit. It took half a day for mine to become schedulable on the CGI (ustraveldocs.com/ph) website. 

If yours isn't now, check in 12 hours or so.

1 minute ago, Penrose2022 said:

Yea been trying every hour since I woke up today lol

I know someone who was just "In Transit" about 18 hours but unable to schedule.  Then suddenly they were able to schedule although the case remains "in Transit" even now.  Be careful not to try to often though.  Several folks have got a 72 hour account lockouts for excessive activity.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

1 hour ago, top_secret said:

It seems new appointment slots are added AS cases become ready.  While it may be true that appointments slots are "going fast", new appointment slots seem to be coming online just as fast.  Here is a screenshot.  Last night's post is on the LEFT and just now is on the RIGHT.  You can see that more slots have become available.

image.thumb.png.78be4a9b6a6a381c46076369eddbb6e6.png

Edited by aaroncv3

30 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

It seems new appointment slots are added AS cases become ready.  While it may be true that appointments slots are "going fast", new appointment slots seem to be coming online just as fast.  Here is a screenshot.  Last night's post is on the LEFT and just now is on the RIGHT.  You can see that more slots have become available.

I have been watching the "inventory" kind of carefully the last week or so and it has done some very interesting things.  At the beginning of last week CR/IR-1/2 had about 600 appointments open in July.  Then in the two days immediately preceding the mass expedite of Fxx cases last week,  225 appointments from the first two weeks of July disappeared in large blocks.   I'm pretty sure they were reallocated to Fxx.  However, yesterday, about 50 appointments in the first two weeks of July appeared in CR/IR-1/2 and the odd part there is it included Friday interviews in 20 minute intervals rather than the usual 30 minute intervals and there have NEVER been Friday appointments for CR/IR-1/2 or Fxx categories before.  I'm speculating they were reallocated away from K1 or some other category???

In any case,  CR/IR-1/2  started last week with about 600 July, and 670 August appointments available.   Since the mass expedites took place July is down to about 175 and August about 500 remaining.   Over on the Fxx side of things, I think they are approaching being booked solid down from probably 1400 open appointments when they started.

The logic of doing in mass after no scheduling at all for months escapes me,  but it seems very likely US embassy Manila expedited like well over 3,000 Fxx and CR/IR cases in groups last Thursday and this Wednesday.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

It says not to schedule until you receive notification from the embassy, but CEAC Status Tracker says the case is "ready". I can pull up the calendar to schedule. So does that mean I can do it?

1 hour ago, Evan757 said:

It says not to schedule until you receive notification from the embassy, but CEAC Status Tracker says the case is "ready". I can pull up the calendar to schedule. So does that mean I can do it?

I'll just say, I can confirm it is possible to schedule before the status shows as "ready".  ;)

2 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

I'll just say, I can confirm it is possible to schedule before the status shows as "ready".  ;)

I know it's possible, but they say that you shouldn't do it until you receive the letter (why? I have no idea). I'm willing to err on the side of caution and will wait until I get that letter.

...How long does it take to get an interview letter after getting "case ready" in CEAC?

1 hour ago, Evan757 said:

How long does it take to get an interview letter after getting "case ready" in CEAC?

The "interview letter" comes as the result of scheduling an appointment and it comes instantly when someone does.  It is required to get in the embassy on interview day.  Some people are confusing that with a "welcome letter" inviting them to schedule.  It says wait for the welcome letter but there is nowhere ever that it is checked or needed.

There are allot of folks from the January group who finished their cases, got their visas are happily sitting in the US for months already but STILL have not received their welcome letter to this day.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

6 hours ago, top_secret said:

The "interview letter" comes as the result of scheduling an appointment and it comes instantly when someone does.  It is required to get in the embassy on interview day.  Some people are confusing that with a "welcome letter" inviting them to schedule.  It says wait for the welcome letter but there is nowhere ever that it is checked or needed.

There are allot of folks from the January group who finished their cases, got their visas are happily sitting in the US for months already but STILL have not received their welcome letter to this day.

Exactly right. The moment we selected our date and time we received the “interview letter” email with barcode and the likes. 

Don't wait for the embassy @Evan757

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.