EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

489 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2023 at 1:59 PM, aaroncv3 said:

We scheduled a driver for next week, since the nearest BI office is 1 hr away in Sta Rosa.

I was able to get the emigration clearance certificate yesterday.  I showed up with the required documents.  It took about 20~30 minutes for them to process the paperwork; we just waited in the seating area and made chika, tapped our feet to 6-second clips of popular songs overheard on someone else's TikTok scrolling, and it was over before we knew it.

Fee was ₱500.  They produced the certificate in a single visit.  Maybe because I have been here less than 1 year.  I don't know for sure.  I try not to question too much when things go well. 😅

18 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

I was able to get the emigration clearance certificate yesterday.  I showed up with the required documents.  It took about 20~30 minutes for them to process the paperwork; we just waited in the seating area and made chika, tapped our feet to 6-second clips of popular songs overheard on someone else's TikTok scrolling, and it was over before we knew it.

Fee was ₱500.  They produced the certificate in a single visit.  Maybe because I have been here less than 1 year.  I don't know for sure.  I try not to question too much when things go well. 😅

They made me wait five days lol, anyway glad to hear that obnoxious little hurdle was gotten over with easily enough

1 hour ago, Evan757 said:

They made me wait five days lol, anyway glad to hear that obnoxious little hurdle was gotten over with easily enough

Well if it's any consolation, you are home now and 18 days can't pass fast enough here for me. 🤣   Looking forward to hear about your first few days.  I think my wife's most frequent utterance in the first few days will be "wow".

23 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

Well if it's any consolation, you are home now and 18 days can't pass fast enough here for me. 🤣   Looking forward to hear about your first few days.  I think my wife's most frequent utterance in the first few days will be "wow".

To give you an idea of how it's going, she was stunned by Walmart.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

10 hours ago, Evan757 said:

To give you an idea of how it's going, she was stunned by Walmart.

In fairness, I still say "wow' in Walmart, but for perhaps different reasons. 🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, curtgolf said:

Here is the USEM response to the Rally.

This is similar to the response many people got last time.  Eventually, a US petitioner was able to speak directly with a congress member, which quickly turned into something resembling an admission of department delinquency and, even better, actual ACTION.

All this to say, I think you're on the right track.  Try not to let soft, ineffectual communique like this discourage you.

If 4-month or 6-month batches is what they're doing now, then fine, whatever, they should put out a bulletin saying that, so petitioners and beneficiaries can make reasonable arrangements.

Just my 🪙🪙.

Edited by aaroncv3

2 minutes ago, Evan757 said:

I think McGovern got dumped by a filipina and he's taking it out on the rest of us :lol:

Savage 🤣

Heh, a smidge of panic, here.  I already got my ECC, our flight is tomorrow, I cannot find my ACR card.  Is it required at the airport, or just the ECC?  I remember bringing it to BI obviously, but i don't remember if i had it when i left there.  The one place left for me to check is the bottom of a well-packed and sealed box. 🤔

6 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

Heh, a smidge of panic, here.  I already got my ECC, our flight is tomorrow, I cannot find my ACR card.  Is it required at the airport, or just the ECC?  I remember bringing it to BI obviously, but i don't remember if i had it when i left there.  The one place left for me to check is the bottom of a well-packed and sealed box. 🤔

Having lived there for 4 years with my wife, flying to Hong Kong for visa runs and finally moving out during covid, they never asked me for the ACR, just the ECC.

On 9/10/2023 at 2:52 AM, flipicaneze said:

Having lived there for 4 years with my wife, flying to Hong Kong for visa runs and finally moving out during covid, they never asked me for the ACR, just the ECC.

Yes, they never asked.  Also, they never asked for the etravel QR code.  IIRC, here was the order of which docs were required:

• Upon checking in with our airline, they required proof that my Filipina wife's travel tax was paid,
  • Next was the immigration (emigration)desk:  I presented my ECC documents, she presented her CFO documents.

After that, the only document we needed was our passports and the boarding passes.

Flying in to SFO, my wife was really amazed that the US (at least as far as SFO) was so ethnically diverse.

For the first few days she keeps expecting that she is was all just a dream, and that she will wake up back in the Philippines.

I have enjoyed watching her see this great country as a blessing.  It really is a refreshing reaction against the backdrop of a perpetually dissatisfied culture.

13 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

Flying in to SFO, my wife was really amazed that the US (at least as far as SFO) was so ethnically diverse.

Congratulations on the move and finally completing the visa process!

I too flew in to SFO on my first visit to the US.  I remember being surprised hearing many of the airport staff chatting in Filipino.  When I called my then-bf-now-husband, "Honey, I'm at SFO, doesn't really feel like I left the Philippines!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.