Nickm1002

I-134 Financial Support

7 posts in this topic

My Fiancees dad is helping out us, He makes well over the required income, From research on here it seems like since thats the case he will only need to provide his last few tax returns is that correct?

He doesn't need the bank statements or the employment letter because his income is like 3x the required amount on tax returns?

Just wanna double check.

Thanks!

Tax returns are not proof of current income. That said, the CO might accept the tax returns alone and be satisfied. But if he asks for proof of current income (such as employment letter and pay stubs) and you don’t have it, they will issue you a 221g to submit those which will delay approval. So it’s up to you how prepared you want to be for interview.

2 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Tax returns are not proof of current income. That said, the CO might accept the tax returns alone and be satisfied. But if he asks for proof of current income (such as employment letter and pay stubs) and you don’t have it, they will issue you a 221g to submit those which will delay approval. So it’s up to you how prepared you want to be for interview.

Okay my main concern was he doesn't need the bank statements.

So I will get him to get the employment letter and paystubs.

How many paystubs does he need like the whole last year?

Thanks for your help

Just now, Nickm1002 said:

Okay my main concern was he doesn't need the bank statements.

So I will get him to get the employment letter and paystubs.

How many paystubs does he need like the whole last year?

Thanks for your help

Last 6 months should be sufficient, that’s what I submitted at the interview and they were satisfied 

On 2/13/2023 at 6:48 PM, powerpuff said:

Last 6 months should be sufficient, that’s what I submitted at the interview and they were satisfied 

@powerpuff Can he just send me scanned copies of the Employment letter thing and the paystubs or do I need the raw copy?

I will have the raw copy of his filled out form I-134 but it'd be much easier if he could just scan and send me the paystubs etc.

Thanks,
Nick

35 minutes ago, Nickm1002 said:

@powerpuff Can he just send me scanned copies of the Employment letter thing and the paystubs or do I need the raw copy?

I will have the raw copy of his filled out form I-134 but it'd be much easier if he could just scan and send me the paystubs etc.

Thanks,
Nick

That’s what we did (I brought the scanned and then printed employment letter and pay stubs) and it was fine. It’s consulate specific but unless they explicitly said they want to see wet signatures in packet 3/4, then scanned is fine. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.