BOKURAGAITA

K2 (ftj) APPROVED AND AOS + AP DURING ADJUSTING (Phl)

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day VJ!

I don't know if i post this at the right topic but i hope our experience help someone else who process the same way.

K2 FTJ over 1 year APRROVED! 

Medical @SLEC: 

2 exhausting days but worth it. No issues.

VISA Interview:

3 children age 9,7 and 6

- during interview only 9 y.o allowed to enter 

- their biometrics is my left handprints.

- requirements asked ds160, pictures, birth certificate, kid's passport, medical, copy of expired K1 (cancelled passport). 

- questions asked to me: are you the mother of (kid's name)? their date of birth, age and have you been to the US? Your maiden and married name pls? How old are you? when did you got married? Your POE? When did you adjust your AOS in America? name of the petitioner? How old is he? How do you like America? You like the cold? what state? 

- questions to my son: How do you pronounce your name? "klod"? , have you seen snow before?, are you excited to come to America? *giggle*

consol: Alright, i see no reason not to approve your visa, Congratulations! and enjoy your travel! 

*visa arrived in 10 days* (outside Manila)

K2 arrived in US: Feb 03, 2023

POE: Chicago, Illinois (O'Hare)

My question:

1. My husband and I want to process their adjustment as soon as possible get their social security first but i couldn't find for K2 requirements only. I will be pleased if anyone can help. They are going to school on the 20th or 23rd this month. 

Advance Parole while adjusting AOS as K1(married) leaving the country experience:

Leaving the country (US): NO ISSUES

Leaving the Philippines with K2 kids and USC husband: 

-if you renewed your passport to your married name always bring the old passport (cancelled) especially your expired visa is there cos they always asked for it. 

- first plane, security took copy of my expired visa and AP (they don't know what AP is and how is it related to my expired visa and AOS) took them an hour to understand what it is for after me explaining again and again. 

- layover -> before boarding security read and understand my AP and let me board in 15mins

- at POE kids visa are all good and the officer saw the envelop (AP) he immediately read and told us to wait on the side to get it stamp. 

It's wild and exhausting experience travelling with 3 young kids but worth it and thank you VJ because lot of information from this site helped us a lot!

Edited by BOKURAGAITA

You'll need to apply for EAD at least and be approved before a K2 is eligible for SSN.

Or GC (apply and be approved).

K2s are not like K1s and aren't eligible upon entry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.