Cate akue

Confused on Filing N 400 while waiting for my I751

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone.I’m here kindly asking for help and insights on my case.I filed for I 751 back in October 2021..It just shows case was received.It’s a MSC centre.Now the question is if I file for N 400 which i qualify for based on my marriage status..Can I be able to travel out of country with the receipt notice of I 751 while both are pending?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cate akue said:

Hi everyone.I’m here kindly asking for help and insights on my case.I filed for I 751 back in October 2021..It just shows case was received.It’s a MSC centre.Now the question is if I file for N 400 which i qualify for based on my marriage status..Can I be able to travel out of country with the receipt notice of I 751 while both are pending?

You can travel with either your I-751 receipt or your N-400 receipt. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You can travel with either your I-751 receipt or your N-400 receipt. 

Thanks for quick response mike.Now my receipt notice for I751 expires in October this year.My confusion comes in there.If I do apply for N 400 and say I want to travel in December .What document can I use?

18 minutes ago, Cate akue said:

Thanks for quick response mike.Now my receipt notice for I751 expires in October this year.My confusion comes in there.If I do apply for N 400 and say I want to travel in December .What document can I use?

Probably I-551 stamp in your passport that you need to request via InfoPass, unless N-400 will extend your GC for 36 or 48 months.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cate akue said:

USCIS announced that they would extend green cards of I-751 cases to 4 years.  If you don’t get your 4 year extension letter by June, I would visit 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do Click “did not receive notice by mail” and request your missing 4 year letter. 

If you file N-400 today,  you will probably be a citizen in 5 months or less. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 1/31/2023 at 1:15 PM, Mike E said:

USCIS announced that they would extend green cards of I-751 cases to 4 years.  If you don’t get your 4 year extension letter by June, I would visit 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do Click “did not receive notice by mail” and request your missing 4 year letter. 

If you file N-400 today,  you will probably be a citizen in 5 months or less. 

Thanks a lot i have been scheduled for an interview already!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.