momshie

F1 visa for daughter while waiting for Immigrant visa interview planning

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Need some thoughts on how we can better plan our approach for my daughter plan to study on School year 2023-2024 while we await immigrant interview (location/MNL).

My daughter currently on Senior year already applied to US College schools and waiting result in March 2023. I would like to anticipate possible dilemma since we just received notice for our immigrant case now ïn-transit" but no idea when we can get schedule for interview in Manila. My daughter is derivative dependent for F3 visa.

1. In case she gets accepted and successfully applied for F1 visa how would we approach if we suddenly have the scheduled interview this year, she may need to be in the US in Jul/Aug (not yet sure) to be ready for start of school year in Sep. Do you think it will have conflict once we received notice for interview this year as well?  I have no idea on the waiting time for F1 visa processing and also not sure how long the waiting time for getting notice for immigrant visa interview. Assume she is already in US, she needs to come back again to join us on the interview?  By the way, the F1 visa and Immigrant interview location will be in different US embassy. Will this be messy?

2. Would it be better to wait for the immigrant visa interview first? But what happens if we don't receive notice this year? My daughter would really want to start college in US especially if she will be accepted in the preferred school of choice.

Appreciate recommendation on which is best approach on this situation. Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Student visa appointments menus are usually pretty quick, now getting a student visa in her situation could be tricky.

Which Consulate would she interview at?

I would worry about the other stuff if she is able to get a student visa

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Student visa appointments menus are usually pretty quick, now getting a student visa in her situation could be tricky.

Which Consulate would she interview at?

I would worry about the other stuff if she is able to get a student visa

Thanks. It will be at HKG consulate, we are permanent residence here. If she does not get student visa, thats fine for us but the worry is if she gets it. She just recently renewed B1/B2 visa for 10yrs and we declare our immigrant status but not sure if they will give for student visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That improves the odds you can check time lines I would expect a few days for a student visa appointment

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.