AJeane

Inquires

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I've sent two inquires to the USCIS myself the wording on the responses I got basically said my case was waiting adjudication. I just got a response from the inquiry my senator did for me, and the wording on that one sounds more hopeful. It said that our case has been assigned to an officer and it's being reviewed and to expect correspondence soon. Does this mean that our case is making progress, or do they just give better sounding responses to congressional inquires?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Is your petition outside normal processing time?

Our NOA1 is September 13 2021. We'll be outside "normal processing time" on February 1st. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The two answers are more or less the same:  awaiting adjudication/case assign to an officer and is being reviewed.

"Correspondence soon"  is based on USCIS time, sort of the reverse of the scene from Star Trek 2:  "hours seem like days, days seem like weeks".  For USCIS, their "days" tend to be weeks and "weeks" tend to be months.

Timeline
1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

The two answers are more or less the same:  awaiting adjudication/case assign to an officer and is being reviewed.

"Correspondence soon"  is based on USCIS time, sort of the reverse of the scene from Star Trek 2:  "hours seem like days, days seem like weeks".  For USCIS, their "days" tend to be weeks and "weeks" tend to be months.

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for your answer!

17 hours ago, AJeane said:

Our NOA1 is September 13 2021. We'll be outside "normal processing time" on February 1st. 

Still early! My NOA1 was early 2021 and I only got approved yesterday. So, in the span of 11 months, 8 months since biometrics. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, breadlover408 said:

Still early! My NOA1 was early 2021 and I only got approved yesterday. So, in the span of 11 months, 8 months since biometrics. 

Are you talking about adjustment of status? I'm talking about the K1 visa. We're still waiting for noa2.

On 1/27/2023 at 5:32 PM, AJeane said:

Are you talking about adjustment of status? I'm talking about the K1 visa. We're still waiting for noa2.

Ahh apologies I misread. 

I just checked my personal timeline, I received my K1 NOA1 on Sept 2020, and then NOA2 in April 2021. This was when Covid was high and processing was slow and there were restrictions on travel. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.