Domicile-1996

CFO Processing

8 posts in this topic

I would like to ask anyone who has had experience dealing with the CFO recently. I was able to register yesterday, January 25, and an automatic e-mail messaged me assigning me to an agent. I sent the following requirements: Visa (Picture of the Yellow Package), Passport, ID immediately. It's January 26 now, and Still no reply. I'm just wondering, is that normal? I'm fine with waiting I'm just unsure if the agent has received it, I also asked for a follow-up awhile ago but also no reply. I've already contacted and I also sent screenshots of my submission, the CFO support and they told me to wait.

Maybe it's because of my document? My Immigrant "Visa" is for the states, The page itself in the Passport I'm not able to show it, since my passport is inside the Yellow Packet which the US Embassy gave, and it specifically tells you not to open it, and leave it for the port of entry in America. It does however have a message at the back stating that it is the Visa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

A.

23 minutes ago, Domicile-1996 said:

"Maybe it's because of my document? My Immigrant "Visa" is for the states, The page itself in the Passport I'm not able to show it, since my passport is inside the Yellow Packet which the US Embassy gave, and it specifically tells you not to open it, and leave it for the port of entry in America. It does however have a message at the back stating that it is the Visa. Any help would be greatly appreciated."

I am confused, I thought everything is electronic nowadays. So, how will Philippine and USA immigration officers stamp your passport or use it, if it is in the packet? Back in the days when it is was not electronic. they do send you the packet with an instruction not to open it, but the passport is outside the packet,

Plus, you also mentioned that you gave the requirements and one of this is your passport, so it is very confusing. It is contradicting your statement.

" I was able to register yesterday, January 25, and an automatic e-mail messaged me assigning me to an agent. I sent the following requirements: Visa (Picture of the Yellow Package), Passport, ID immediately."

Edited by nelmagriffin

3 minutes ago, nelmagriffin said:

A.

"Maybe it's because of my document? My Immigrant "Visa" is for the states, The page itself in the Passport I'm not able to show it, since my passport is inside the Yellow Packet which the US Embassy gave, and it specifically tells you not to open it, and leave it for the port of entry in America. It does however have a message at the back stating that it is the Visa. Any help would be greatly appreciated."

I am confused, I thought everything is electronic nowadays. So, how will Philippine and USA immigration officers stamp your passport or use it, if it is in the packet? Back in the days when it is was not electronic. they do send you the packet with an instruction not to open it, but the passport is outside the packet,

Both the Yellow Packet and my passport is enclosed in a plastic envelope. The passport is already opened, showing my Passport Bio Detail Page. But not the Visa Page. The Passport is not specifically inside the Yellow Packet, it's just that they're both together inside the Plastic Envelope, not sure if I could open that one.

1 minute ago, nelmagriffin said:

I guess, I am just confused with your statement. So how did you submit passport requirement if it is still inside the packet? that you mentioned that you did not open. Confusing.

The passport I already had a digital copy, Everything was digital. I guess I should Open the envelope, just make sure not to damage the yellow packet, So that I could scan the Visa Page. 

1 hour ago, Domicile-1996 said:

Both the Yellow Packet and my passport is enclosed in a plastic envelope. The passport is already opened, showing my Passport Bio Detail Page. But not the Visa Page. The Passport is not specifically inside the Yellow Packet, it's just that they're both together inside the Plastic Envelope, not sure if I could open that one.

The shipping plastic/envelope you have to open to get your passport.   Scan your bio page and visa page to upload to CFO.   Seems you are K1 and has yellow packet - that you do not open.  Also, CFO regular process time is M-Th 7-4pm.  Some agents do work as they please (like the one we had, she has been communicating via message on a saturday/sunday).  If your docs are complete, you should be able to get your CFO certificate next week. Blessings and happy travel to you.

1 minute ago, hunny&me said:

The shipping plastic/envelope you have to open to get your passport.   Scan your bio page and visa page to upload to CFO.   Seems you are K1 and has yellow packet - that you do not open.  Also, CFO regular process time is M-Th 7-4pm.  Some agents do work as they please (like the one we had, she has been communicating via message on a saturday/sunday).  If your docs are complete, you should be able to get your CFO certificate next week. Blessings and happy travel to you.

Oh I see. So it's actually alright to open the plastic/envelope just to get the passport as long as you leave the yellow packet intact, seeing on the internet they cut a small hole for the passport to go through then tape the plastic afterwards. Okay I'll open it the next week if there's still no reply, since they don't have work tomorrow. I'm IR2, but I think almost all related to US Immigration has yellow packet but I'm not sure. Yes hopefully my agent is like that as well. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Domicile-1996 said:

Oh I see. So it's actually alright to open the plastic/envelope just to get the passport as long as you leave the yellow packet intact, seeing on the internet they cut a small hole for the passport to go through then tape the plastic afterwards. Okay I'll open it the next week if there's still no reply, since they don't have work tomorrow. I'm IR2, but I think almost all related to US Immigration has yellow packet but I'm not sure. Yes hopefully my agent is like that as well. Thanks!

Hmm.. my previous group, none of our beneficiaries for IR1 / IR2 have yellow packets.   It is all electronic, you will see something like "IV Docs in CCD" on visa page.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.